WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, My very First Post, was given a Astronaut 214 as a gift, It's not perfect, and most likely will be restoring it, it runs perfectly, but, have a question on how to use the Time Zones Feature in setting it, can't seem to find any instructions in doing so ?

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,685 Posts
You use the rotating bezel along with the arrow hand that rotates once in 24 hours, so if it is 3 o'clock pm in the time zone you are in you turn the bezel to line up the arrow hand with 15 on the bezel, with that you have one time zone on a 24 hour scale (the outer bezel along with arrow hand and the regular minuet and second hands) and the other time zone is shown on a 12 hour scale (the inner markers along with the regular hour, minuet and second hands), No mater what time zone you are in the minuets and seconds remain the same, a quarter till is a quarter till in any time zone you find yourself in and only the hours change from time zone to time zone............

Now let's see some pic's of that Astro and welcome aboard, you are one of us now !

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's a Quick Look,​

I'm going to get it serviced, since the last owner had No Idea when it was last serviced,
It also appears not to have a Hack Device, since, when adjusting the time, the sweep hand doesn't stop.
I will also be purchasing a BULOVA ACCUTRON STAINLESS KREISLER USA COFFIN LINK BAND BRACELET
I'm Told that is the Appropriate Bracelet for the Watch.
Its a M5 (1965)
Thanks for the Reply....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Congrats on the Astro EddieR! It appears from the pic that it's in pretty nice shape. The Accutron marked bracelet that's on it currently actually looks very nice as well. Looks like yours has the less frequently encountered lumed second hand. Dial, markers and bezel look sharp with no damage, scuffs, etc. Fabulous gift! Next time you try setting the time try pulling outward from the case a bit with the setting lever and see it the second hand stops. I'm encountering the same thing with a railroad H214 movement I have, and I believe there needs to be some adjustment.

Eric

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to All, I just sent it out for service, I'm certain I will hear promptly about why the second isn't stopping when setting the time, Hopefully as AG related, its a required adjustment.

Now to read all these interesting Posts, so I can acquire come up to speed on Astro's

Actually, I'm falling in love with the Railroad Edition, I honestly think I'm already Hooked on 214's as well as some 218's.

Thanks Again....

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Forgot to mention, Already Ordered the BULOVA ACCUTRON STAINLESS KREISLER USA COFFIN LINK BAND BRACELET, a little Pricy, but feel it will compliment the Watch very well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here is the Watch how it appears at night, before I sent it out for service, Put a Flashlight to it before taking the video....

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You, That helps a lot, I actually printed out the instructions for future reference.

Wonder if anyone has an actual owner Manual that came with an Astro, that can be put up on this website.

Thanks Again to all that replied, still awaiting the servicing on my Watch, Watch Maker has a ton of work in front of him, but will soon be on mine.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Stop that Accutronitis! You're killing me with pics of that watch. :biggrin: One of those is definitely on the future want list.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts