WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I got a SAN III(f0027) with the poly band that was broken. I found one of the embossed dragon bands on the bay and need to get the metal piece that is between the lugs off. I don't want to damage the watch trying to pry it off. I figure there is a trick to it or something.
Also, what band do I need for a SAN IV model 0521? Bought a used one and the seller switch the band out and didn't have the original. Doesn't look bad really but thought I'd keep an eye out for one that is original.

Thanks,
vaderdaman

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
It's hard to tell in online photos since it's an all black watch, but it looks like it uses standard spring bars so if you look underneath you should see some spaces that would allow you to pull the spring bar back and remove the band. Otherwise it should be just a matter of removing the screws, but my initial impression looking at video and photos were that the screws are nonfunctioning and are decorative only. Can you provide some better photos than what I've seen online?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops sorry,
I just figured someone here has done it and didn't think to post pics. Thanks for responding here are some pics. Let me know if there is an angle you want to see. The metal with the cross hatch pattern that is between the lugs is what needs to come off. the new band will replace that piece of metal. You are correct that the screws were not holding it in place. I was afraid of inserting something to try and push it out like a pin for fear of damaging the threads.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
You're going to have to push it through with a pin. It's really the only way. You can try to use the outer edge as opposed to the inside threads to push it out. Just push it out a little and then grab it from the other end in pull it out. I have a SAN IV and SAN III and have removed it this way without any issues. You should be fine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ON THE WRIST!!!! Had to use a nail. All my punches were either too big or too short. Now if I can only afford a band for my 0521 Swiss auto. I'd have it made.
Thanks Pat for the help.:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I'm glad it worked out. I just want to clarify that you shouldn't need to punch it out. Just push it out by hand with whatever is handy, then pull it out from the other side. Enjoy your new strap. If you get a chance post some pics of the final product.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad it worked out. I just want to clarify that you shouldn't need to punch it out. Just push it out by hand with whatever is handy, then pull it out from the other side. Enjoy your new strap. If you get a chance post some pics of the final product.

I did have to use a punch and my watch/jewelers hammer. That middle metal piece(what do you call it anyway?) was holding it TIGHT. I was afraid of destroying the pin by gripping it hard enough to pull out that way. Figured I was safer to just push it out than damage the pin with a pair of pliers. It worked, I don't argue with what works:001_smile:
Thanks again. I wouldn't have thought to push it out, if you hadn't said something. I just figured there was a trick to it or a tool that was necessary.
Will post pics up soon. I have one more thing to do to it, that I think will look really cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.