WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has been covered, but my searches didn't turn anything up.

I have a very nice stainless watch that needs a little TLC. The polished portions are a piece of cake, but I don't really know how to do the brushed part. Any suggestIons on how to get a nice even and smooth finish?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Satin look

I use different wheels on my polisher at different rpms to get the factory look. silicone carbide wheels and artifex wheels about 60 bucks a piece. You put the wheel on with correct rpm and move the band back and forth and you get the best straight line brushed look available. Rik

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use different wheels on my polisher at different rpms to get the factory look. silicone carbide wheels and artifex wheels about 60 bucks a piece. You put the wheel on with correct rpm and move the band back and forth and you get the best straight line brushed look available. Rik
What I learned when I worked for Cartier a buffing wheel works great on watch bands but not so good on watch cases especially cases that have highly polished case sides like a Rolex. Cartier taught me to use Bergeon 5444 which comes in 2 grits medium and fine. It's a abrasive block that you can cut down to a size you can work easier with it. This product (fine) gives me a nice satin finish without a lot of work, the satin finish it gives on a Rolex case matches the finish Rolex uses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts