Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys!

Just received my 9937OB and I have a feeling it may be fake. Is there any way of checking for certain?

I bought it from what seems like a reputable seller on amazon.co.uk but it just doesn't seem right.

The bezel with the numbers on is a little marked and not perfect like i'd expect. There is a small mark on the face under the glass and the luminous bit on the rotating bezel just looks like a blob of plastic and its not perfectly shaped. Also the box seems a little 'cheap'

I've just got a bad feeling and feel like it could be fake, any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. Maybe it's me being paranoid, but what do you guys think?

Also, warranty/instruction booklet doesn't fit in the watch box and the box kinda looks a bit cheap.

IMG_0756.jpg IMG_0762.jpg IMG_0764.jpg IMG_0759.jpg IMG_0765.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Sorry for your trouble. Let me start off by saying there are no fake Invicta watches. There has never been any documentation/proof of a fake.

Everything looks consistent with a 9937. The lume dot is typical and also doesn't normally glow as long as everything else. The box is also typical of their smaller yellow boxes, and I usually receive these when I order from the Sunday run. There are no COAs with Invicta.

You also mentioned marks on the bezel and the spot inside the crystal which makes me believe you did not recieve a brand new watch. Maybe its a returned/refurbished item. I advise returning/exchanging the watch. You paid for a brand new, trouble free watch and that's what you should receive. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

·
Registered
302 Posts
With their return policy you can have a new one in no time. Send it back and get another. I would, your not out anything they provide you with a shipping label and everything. Just do it, if your that concerned. You probably got a returned item just as it has already been stated here. Its not a fake. Just a bad watch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll contact the seller and get a replacement!

Just my luck to get an imperfect one.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Let us know how things work out. One thing that Amazon does really well is handling returns so you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spoke to the seller. Basically, they didn't care and didn't want to help at all.

Spoke to amazon.co.uk and they were brilliant. Sent me a freepost label by email within minutes to get it collected and said I was more than welcome to order another and see if it was any better, which i did. Ordered it last night and it should be here this afternoon.

Fingers crossed this one should be better.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Amazon has a great return policy for sure, but there are fake Invictas so don't be fooled but those won't be found on Amazon, more like ebay and craigslist.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I respectfully disagree regarding the existence of fake Invictas. No one has ever provided evidence to support this claim. Invicta also does not feature watches at a price point that would make fake feasible. Fakes are also made of brands with strong, positive, well known (well known to the masses not just us here) reputations of which Invicta does not qualify.

·
Banned
964 Posts
You can disagree if you like, but respectfully your wrong. Some will remember a ebay seller who was removed for selling fake 8926s and 9937s along with others on ebay. The casebacks were missing the 8926 and 9937 labeling and were not running Japan or Swiss movements, and were also sold with fake boxes and packaging.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
You can disagree if you like, but respectfully your wrong. Some will remember a ebay seller who was removed for selling fake 8926s and 9937s along with others on ebay. The casebacks were missing the 8926 and 9937 labeling and were not running Japan or Swiss movements, and were also sold with fake boxes and packaging.
I'm not going to get into a long drawn out argument over the existence of fake Invicta watches. Frankly it's not worth it and I believe some people want to think that there are fakes because it gives the brand a higher status in their mind. No one has ever provided proof, only rumors. More likely than not the sellers you're referring to closed up shop, or were forced to, because they were taking money and not delivering a product. Ebay does not advertise their reasons for closing down sellers so I question the source of your information unless it was documented in a reputable publication. It wouldn't surprise me if someone had a genuine Invicta but still believe it was a fake anyway. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true.

Why would someone sell a fake Invicta when the real deal is so cheap to begin with? What's in it for the counterfeiter? Invicta can produce the genuine article cheaper than the counterfeiters can produce a fake.

The brand also doesn't have the widespread name recognition outside of the watch collecting community to make producing a fake or purchasing one desirable. Ask a coworker if they've heard of Invicta, chances are, they never have.

Its not up to me to prove that they do not exist it is up to those who claim they exist to provide evidence. Evidence being more than just someone's claim on a internet forum.

BTW the earliest Invicta watches including the 8926 did not feature model numbers on the caseback.

I'm going to close this thread since the original poster's question has been answered. Feel free to continue this discussion in another thread, but be prepared to offer concrete evidence of their existence or subsequent threads regarding this topic will be closed. Of course any individual who has concerns about the validity of a watch should feel free to post about their concerns but we are not here to talk about counterfeit watches.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.