WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first one I ever saw, the 8928, was on my neighbors wrist. Hours later, I ordered my own, in the blue/gold version, which begat the fever. So how did you first learn of the Cheese brand?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ordered a Cougar Speedway that I should have kept, around a year and a half ago. Nice looking watch but sold it for other things. I need to order another... that was one of my wife's favorite watches. The chrono didn't reset to 0 anymore and that was before I knew how to reset so I thought I should sell it... :(

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
From the tv show. I had been watching the electronic shows for about a year and then I discovered they also sold watches. When I saw an Invicta show I was hooked.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Saw one in a store in Toronto where I live about 10 years ago. They were asking something like $450 for an auto pro diver - sure I HAD to have it, but not at that price. A little web-searching located the watch in the US for $95 - SOLD!!! Have had at least two Invictas since then.:tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was on the web looking for a good watch 3 years ago when I stumbled over the selection at the big O.... I ended up purchasing the one pictured on my avatar.... A few weeks later I found this website (well the older version anyway) with all the enablers, and the sickness had just began.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
When I was 6 years old I was with my mother at the market when we saw a nice older woman with the biggest watch that my mom had ever seen.
My mom asked about the watch and it turns out that it was a watch that was used bythe Russian Navy and this woman was asked to make a limited number of identical pieces.
Yes,it was Grandma Lalo and that's when I first heard of Invicta!

(actually it was while I was channel surfing)

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
I was searching the web for automatic divers and I found Invicta,bought a 9937 and another and so on,now I'm an Invicta retailer to support my addiction.:D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I was searching the web for automatic divers and I found Invicta,bought a 9937 and another and so on,now I'm an Invicta retailer to support my addiction.:D
Triton,

That's really cool that you were able to turn a hobby into a buisness. Wish I had the guts and the money to do it. Maybe when I retire I'll give it a go. Only 17 more years of teaching and then you can give me some pointers, if you'd be so kind.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Several years ago while doing yet another search for a watch I came across an auction for this watch. It was my first Invicta and I still have it, I loved the color of the dial which is why I bought it.

·
Banned
927 Posts
A friend of mine got one, and showed it to me 4 years ago. I then started searching the internet watch forums as I've always has a watch thing, and finally bought an 8926 from Tom Palmer. Until then I only had my Daytona and Speedmaster, and I now have 2 watches or so, and I think 8 Invictas. I do not see myself adding any more to the stable however for various reasons.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I was 6 years old I was with my mother at the market when we saw a nice older woman with the biggest watch that my mom had ever seen.
My mom asked about the watch and it turns out that it was a watch that was used bythe Russian Navy and this woman was asked to make a limited number of identical pieces.
Yes,it was Grandma Lalo and that's when I first heard of Invicta!
(actually it was while I was channel surfing)
OMG Foggy, laugh my you know what off! BosKoe better watch out. He's got some stiff competition in the gut-splitting humor arena. You made my night, pal!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Years ago I ran across a couple of guys selling Invicta automatic dive watches on one of the early TV shopping channels. The whole affair seemed seedy and put me off. They were constantly shouting, with their hillbilly accents, how visually close these watches were to the real thing, constantly flipping the watch to show off the spinning rotor as if to attempt to put the audience into a hypnotic purchasing trance. They reminded me of snake oil salesmen, carnies, and those people who try and sell the latest slice and dice gadget at the county fairs. I was not an Invicta fan after that.

Fast forward to a few months ago... I was in the market for a new watch and stumbled onto the SNBC watch shows and bit on an Invicta "Our Top Value" deal. Now I like Invicta, I think :wink:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I was internet shopping for a new watch. There was a lgood size of collection of Invictas on one of the bigger shopping sites.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts