WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
There's nothing special about a 1969 14k gold filled Spaceview in and of itself but an NOS one with the box and literature is unusual and is something any Accutron collector would love to have.

PS I just found your Accutron for sale and the experts can step in and comment but I have never seen a Spaceview with an Accutron symbol second hand from the factory. I would suggest that you be very careful about it truly being NOS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's nothing special about a 1969 14k gold filled Spaceview in and of itself but an NOS one with the box and literature is unusual and is something any Accutron collector would love to have.
Well, I am the moth and the 1969 NOS is the flame. Unusual is an understatement, first one I have seen in this setting.:crying:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sky pilot, thanks for the heads up on suspecting the authenticity of the watch. I am probably too emotionally involved with the allure of the newness and not thinking rationally. Time to sleep on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Let the real experts come along, there are several people on here who know more about Spaceviews than I will ever know.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Looks good to me!

It would have been helpful if the seller had posted a photo of the movement back side but from the front, it looks exactly as it should. Every component in this 2-wire 214 is correct for a Spaceview "S" with catalog #24076. The band is also correct for that model and catalog number. A paper label on the outer box (not pictured) with the model number would be icing on the cake.
A month ago, I would have been suspicious but according to Bob Piker, the hands are correct for a Spaceview of that year and model and the patina of the lume on the hands and reflector ring match nicely.
Just putting a battery in a watch of that age without servicing is not a good idea and the additional cost should be factored in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The watch sold during the night, I did not purchase it. I know what he was willing to take and it was less than the figure it sold for. Kind of happy someone else pulled the trigger and I do not have to explain another watch to my wife.:001_rolleyes:

Added after post :
I took a harder look at the photos after sky pilot cautioned me about the authenticity. I am no expert on Accutrons but I can tell if a watch has been worn daily. That watch was far from being un used. If you look at the close ups there are scratches and dings all over the case. Also if you look very closely there appears to be a small crack in the crystal between 11 and `12 o’clock. Nice package but the box and papers are the prize with that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts