Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about something in the 47mm or up to 60mm like the PAM 341 for the larger of us guys. I make Stallone look like a pup, like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. Any other interest in this idea from Lum-Tec?

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
I'm a big guy (6'3" about 265) with 8 1/4" wrists and 47mm is too big for me most days and 60mm... Well, 60mm I don't even want to consider. I may as well wear a mantle clock on my wrist. For this bear-pawed guy, 46mm is about the limit.

I'm sure there are some guys who would like them, but I don't know if there'd be enough of them to pick up all the watches that would be required to be made to keep the costs of a specialized run in line...

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
The Lum-Zilla is 48.3mm (51.3 with the crown). The 500M is only 44mm but it is monster thick 18.5mm!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Stallone or Schwarzenegger-sized wrists, I guessing 8.5"-9"+. I've seen very few photos of other people actually pulling off the 60mm Panerai EGI without looking ridiculous.
You mean "Movie Characters played by Stallone or Schwarzeneggar," don't you? Stallone is, like 5'8" and Schwarzeneggar isn't more than 6' tall. I have 8.5" wrists, and 45mm looks fine on mine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I must say, you have some beastly stats, but it's still hard to imagine something like a 44mm watch being inadequate on any wrist. And to be honest, the "44mm M cushion case" is more like 46x48mm when measured with calipers. It wears larger due to its shape.

Perhaps you could show us some wrist shots with some of your watches on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
My current selection isn't worth photographing, and I'm currently in Belarus on business and away from them. As soon as the M52 shows up I'll get some pictures up.

Ok I found this not really a wrist shot but there is a watch and my wrist. That is a 45mm glass/face.
And for comparison my buddy is 6' about 205.
I'm hoping the M52 wears as big if not bigger than the watch pictured.

Attachments

Reactions: WnS

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dude, that 45mm looks decently sized for your wrists (even on the large side), esp. with the long lugs. I think the M52 will wear just big.

No need to go overboard with 50-60mm watches - they'd just look ridiculous.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't say that I would wear anything smaller, it just doesn't look right on me, maybe it's just the angle of the pic.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
"I suppose its what you feel comfortable wearing..."

I gotta say, I've never understood the compulsion we have to tell brother watch fans/collectors "What they need," based on their wrist size or the "What's appropriate?" template that resides in our own heads.

I have an original Russian diver that's about 60mm, and I get a kick out of wearing it a couple times each year. It gets lots of favorable comments, and, on a bright day in the mountains, I can signal rescue parties with it, when I wander into the wilderness and get lost.

I'm 6' 6" tall, weigh 250, and the only things I lift, voluntarily, have been cooked or chilled.

I don't think I've ever felt the urge to tell somebody his watch looks ridiculous on his wrist, but that could happen, tomorrow, I guess. Never say never.

Meanwhile, I favor the broadest selection of sizes possible.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
^OK, I wouldn't openly tell someone if I thought the watch they were wearing was too big for their wrist but you have to admit that a 60mm on a 5' 2" 140lbs wimp would look stupid even if you'd refrain from saying so.

Point is it's his/her choice and no one else's. :wink:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^OK, I wouldn't openly tell someone if I thought the watch they were wearing was too big for their wrist but you have to admit that a 60mm on a 5' 2" 140lbs wimp would look stupid even if you'd refrain from saying so.

Point is it's his/her choice and no one else's. :wink:
I agree some things just shouldn't happen, fat people shouldn't wear spandex:lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.