WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I like both Omega and Rolex. I know some have negative feelings, so I hope this doesn't offend. Here are some of my favorite watches. Thanks for looking....

Joel

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to WTF Joel !!

Don't worry about posting Rolex in the Omega forum. We are 100% Rolex friendly !!

BTW, I like your Seamaster Chrono.:thumbup:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Mr Joelmor

A very warm welcome to WTF and OMEGALand. Glad you could join us and hope you'll be able to join in the talk and fun we have here on a daily basis. I know you were registered with us in the ole' house but in case you weren't aware, we also have a resource section in the form of a ' Read-Only ' sub-board just above the main Omega forum.

Thanks for sharing your watches with us

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)
welcome back Mr Joelmor,

a lot of us have the collection with other brands....

at least you have them in the proper order:D:D:D

your two Omegas are very nice choices, that third Omega could be a speedy:biggrin: that would round out your collection very nicely:thumbup1:

overall a very nice collection of fine watches indeed:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
That is near on being the collection I would like to have.

Note;Like to have.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Welcome to WTF Joel !!

Don't worry about posting Rolex in the Omega forum. We are 100% Rolex friendly !!

except Zin. He has had complicated surgery that doesn't allow his vocal cords to utter the word Rolex. He's even had the X key removed from his keyboard so that he doesn't accidentally type Rolex. And if he ever referes to the X-33, he just copies and pastes something from a John Wilson post :lol:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice looking line-up, Joel. I'm fairly new to mechanicals, and I recognize the two Omegas, but what are those others? Is it R O L E X? :confused1: :wink:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
No problem with Rolex here!

It was the sale of mine that funded my early Omega purchases which eventually matured into my current collection.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Joel and a very warm welcome to WTF from me too.

That is a fantastic collection of wrist watches.:thumbup::thumbup:

I only have one of your collection in my own collection. And it isn't one of the Omegas.:scared:

Zin was a little perturbed by this until I told him I have twice as many Omegas as I do Rolexes (correct at time of going to press).

Hope you enjoy the banter and the common affection for all things horological on this professionally run forum.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You have a very nice collection there--thanks for the photo. I see you have a chronograph from both brands and I was wondering: are the pushers about the same in terms of tension and ease of use? I haven't tried the chronos from either Omega or Rolex and was thinking about trying them out, but what is your reaction? Are they roughly the same? Just wondering is all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Haakon,
The chrono pushers on the Daytona screw down when not in use for water-proofing. When unscrewed they are firm and flawless. The Omega SeMPC has nice, firm tight pushers that don't screw down but water-resistant nonetheless. Both great examples of modern chronographs - different, but both work perfectly and are highly recommended. If considering a chronograph and want to spend less money (a nice thing) I like the Tag Heuer Carrera - another classic and beautiful watch with the proven Valjoux 7750 movement. Best of luck on whatever you choose.
Joel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts