WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL APOLLO XI
– 25TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION

A very fine and rare piece since its’ production run numbered only 500 units in 1994, this Speedmaster Apollo XI 25th Anniversary was presented in 18K white gold in company with a white gold deployment clasp.

As with the standard Speedmaster, it featured a black bezel with tachometer scale but additionally bore a screw-in sapphire crystal caseback with a numbered engraving which read “ Speedmaster Professional – Limited Edition ”. The silver dial had applied silver and black baton indexes along with sunken counters for the continuous seconds, 12-hour and 30-minute registers. The outer minute track was graduated to 1/5th of a second. Curiously the legend “Chronometer” appears in the dial of the watch and raises the real possibility that the cal 864 from which was derived its’ power may have been chronometer-certified.

The unique cal864 which was a derivative of the cal 863 with rhodium-plating, 17 jewels and straight-line lever escapement and launched in 1992.

Pictures – antiquorum.com

Y'all have a nice weekend now

ZIN

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goodness Mr SLife

Wherever did you dig this one up from? Interesting model which I haven't seen nor heard of before - thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, which would you prefer?

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the non-moophase one looks better, because most of the printing is located at the top of the dial.

The moonphase version has "Speedmaster Professenial" printed at the near bottom of the dial.

I personally think they could use the black markers on the Board Arrow instead of the blue ones.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the non-moophase one looks better, because most of the printing is located at the top of the dial.

The moonphase version has "Speedmaster Professional" printed at the near bottom of the dial.

I personally think they could use the black markers on the Board Arrow instead of the blue ones.
Heh Mr SLife, just shows it takes all sorts. I actually like the blue on the BA:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mind you I hover between liking the Moonphase and not having any need of it.

Yes the writing on the ApolloXI is neater as you say my friend. I wonder if anyone has any light to trow on the Chronometer legend. Perhaps one of our ultra oracles on these matters - Sam, Kieron or perhaps Bro John.

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It's a nice version of the Moon Watch.

However, I find this disirable simply because of what it represents and the rarety value.

I know I've harped on about this before, and I appreciate that most people probably don't agree, but surely a true commerative and honourable version of the Moon Watch should be SS with Hesalite glass. Just my 2cs.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is special LE my friend. There was a stainless steel version with hesalite made for the 25th anniversary as well.

It's like the Apollo-Soyuz commemorative of which there are more than one version.

Cheerio for now and be well

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks for the info Zin.

Now I would really like one of those SS versions.:001_rolleyes:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rick

Following on from my reply in the X-2 Co-Axial Chrono thread, I think it'll have to be " EXTRA-EXTRA to the power of n " if you were to go for this one as well....... :lol::lol::lol:

Cheerio amigo

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yeah, but the desirability is also x to the power of n IMHO.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I wish I had the money and was aware of Omegas back then. That's a stunner.

I have such a major case of the Omega Wants at the moment. Is there some sort of support group?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts