WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a mens and womans matching set for my neice and her hubby. I'd like to get a divers style, like my 9310, in other words the submariner homage type.
It doesn't have to be blue and 2-toned; black or white face is fine.
I'd prefer quartz and 200m and not rubber.
So far I've found the 4863 and that line for her and of course the 9308 for him.

Can you recommend any other 'series' that would fit the bill?

Is the 8928-8934+/- a quartz? And correct me if I'm wrong is it also a few milimeters smaller than the 9310?

Many thanks in advance,
Eric

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As an aside can someone provide the mumber of the ladies version of the men's 8933? White dial, pepsi bezel.
Tia

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Have you checked out the Invicta yearly catalogs. Go on their website, it should be listed there. Might be a good way to pair up a his and her model since to my knowledge the company has never sold a his and her set. Did you happen to catch the womens pro diver and SAN III (42 mm) models that aired on Invicta's favorite TV shopping network this past weekend. Some really excellent colors even my wife was slightly interested.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you checked out the Invicta yearly catalogs. Go on their website, it should be listed there. Might be a good way to pair up a his and her model since to my knowledge the company has never sold a his and her set. Did you happen to catch the womens pro diver and SAN III (42 mm) models that aired on Invicta's favorite TV shopping network this past weekend. Some really excellent colors even my wife was slightly interested.
Hi PBF, thanks for the help. I thought about the ctaloges, I even have them d/led (somewhere?) I just thought somebody here might know it off the top o' their head.
I seem to have found what I want after ebay surfing; the white dial/pepsi bezel 8933 & 8940. The '33 is on sale at one of the big watch sites for <$50 but the '40 is much harder to find. Must hurry, only 17 daze left. :biggrin:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally found the 8940 on ebay. Had to pay nearly 50% of retail! :001_rolleyes: If it actualy arrives I'll post a him and hers pic if anyone cares.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I'm glad you found what you were looking for. I'm also looking forward to the pictures.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi PBF, thanks for the help. I thought about the ctaloges, I even have them d/led (somewhere?) I just thought somebody here might know it off the top o' their head.
I seem to have found what I want after ebay surfing; the white dial/pepsi bezel 8933 & 8940. The '33 is on sale at one of the big watch sites for <$50 but the '40 is much harder to find. Must hurry, only 17 daze left. :biggrin:
Cool, enjoy giving your Christmas gifts. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seem to have found what I want after ebay surfing; the white dial/pepsi bezel 8933 & 8940.
And here they are:
Not the greatest of images but at least it's in focus? :blink:
Cream-colored dial and blue & white dial with scalloped edge.

Hey PBF, I cannot find the maximum amounts for acceptable images anywhere on this site; not in FAQ or in the photo section. You have any idea of max pixel dimensions and image size overall? Tia.
I'm guessing on this image: 600 pix and <100K

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
And here they are:

Hey PBF, I cannot find the maximum amounts for acceptable images anywhere on this site; not in FAQ or in the photo section. You have any idea of max pixel dimensions and image size overall? Tia.
Nice. I hope they last as long as the marriage. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
And here they are:

I'm not sure, sorry. I just use photobucket as an image host which does reduce the pixels and size.

You made an excellent choice BTW. I love those watches.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You made an excellent choice BTW. I love those watches.
Thanks. They do look sharp. The woman's is smaller than I expected at 23mm but no complaints; my neice is young and still can see tiny stuff. :001_rolleyes:
My only complaint is neither have screwdown crowns. I didn't notice that until I set them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reviving an old thread here, but I have the 4863 (I'm a woman) and love it. The size is larger than my other watches but looks great on my 6.5 inch wrist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts