WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've only posted over in the Rolex forum but I keep meaning to come over here and say hello. My everyday watch is a TT1 Diver, it's not the MEISTERTAUCHER with a regulater, it's the 300m 994ft with no helium escape valve.

Maybe someone can clarify for me why Rollie's and Omega's both equate 300m to 1000ft and Oris rightfully lables it at 994ft?

Also my seamaster has a helium escape valve and is rated at 300m why doesn't Oris or rolex need an escape valve?

·
Registered
108 Posts
1958 Oris

Hello there, Oris guys. I've just joined the Rolex forum but what I've told them may be of interest to you. I was asking why Rolexes have a poor reputation for accuracy, at least here in Blighty among the 6 Submariner owners I've talked to. We all think the Sub is poor at time-keeping. It's a classic watch but what are watches for?

I posted the comment that of my five watches, my 1958 hand-wind Oris beats my two Rolexes, my Omega Speedmaster Racing and my Fortis B-42 Chronograph. I can't identify the model, but it says the following on the back: FOND ACIER INOXYDABLE. I have no idea what it means. The watch was bought for me as a small boy and I still love it!

I'm surprised the profile of your brand didn't pick up after Oris was plugged several times in the brilliant Sopranos TV series
:thumbup1:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would love to see some photos .........

I would love to see some photos of the watch, front and back if you could .... i have no idea what that means and to my knowledge have not seen it before.

Being from '58 its most likely a pin-lever movement that ORIS made several patents to and were able to produce rate results as good or better than escapement movements of the time :biggrin:

Show us some photos if you can :drool:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hello There pals

Fond means Base

Acier Inoxydable stands for Stainless Steel

It refers to the base of the watch as being stainless steel. Never having opened the back of a watch :eek: I'm not sure if this description is used nowadays.

OK Pals ;)

Hey Jeff

Me likeee that new siggy.

A modern touch to our new home :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Y'all be well and keep talkin' pals

ZIN

·
Registered
108 Posts
1958 Oris

Hey, Engphoto and Houston! I'll send photos when I can sort out how to do it. Thanks for the translation. I've been wondering what those words mean for years.:huh:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hello Mr Jaguar

I'm the one who needs to thank you since I never bothered to much about it until you posed the question. Then it was a case of summing Mr Google into action :biggrin::biggrin:

To post pictures, here's what you do -

1. Register with a picture host like photobucket.com
This is a free service for up to 1,000 images.

2. Once registered, use the choose or browse function on your photobucket homepage to locate the image you wish to post, from your hard drive

PLEASE REMEMBER to set the maximum size of the image
800 x 600 is best
Anything else would make viewing and accessing the page for users difficult.

3. Click SELECT and then UPLOAD

4. Once uploaded, simply copy the fourth option under each image on your photobucket homepage and paste it into the body of your text here. This fourth link is the Image Tag.

You can also use the uploading facility on this board. An option to make attachments appears further down the screen below your the box in which you post your message. Sizes are limited though.

Look forward to seeing them :001_smile:

Be well now

ZIN

1 - 10 of 10 Posts