WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that is nice! I have only recently been researching my watch..1958 model 6542 ref 427*** original dial service replacement hands....
The only trouble I am having is finding an approx. value through looking at similar models on the internet, there doesn't seem to be that many! but I am only a novice

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I would place your value on your 6542 at $8,000 plus..
Your dial and watch case are sensational.
Now if you added the correct lum matching hands, small 24 GMT hand and the red and black roulette date wheel with the same bezel and insert the value would jump past $14,000 in a retail setting...Now adding a real Bakelite bezel and insert as the the ones I own below would value the watch towards $25-30,000 retail setting. Give or take obviously the condition factor. I own a few 6542's..love that model..

These 6542's are the way all 6542's came from the factory...with the very rare Bakelite bezel and insert..

Later on over the years, majority of the fragile plastic Bakelite bezel and insert were replaced with metal service versions as seen below. To find an original Bakelite insert and copper nickel bezel are rare and a very expensive investment. Also notice the red numbers on the date wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.