WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there ill start with saying hello iv not got a clue about watches my father was a watchmaker in Italy
and when he past away he left all his old watches and machines tools etc to me,there is a ultrasonic cleaner that i haven't a clue how to use
anyway this is one of his watches id love to no more about it got the serial number 171617 and (n0) under the serial number.also what way up would the battery go in.
thank you for looking

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Beautiful watch, definitely a keeper ! It is a 1970 model made in Switzerland. The battery would be a 387s and it goes in + first.
If it hasn't been run for a long time it should be lubricated before you bring it to life. It has been my experience that, once serviced, they are very accurate and will give years of good service with a battery change once per year.
By the way, don't listen to a man with questionable taste called ULACKFOCUS, Spaceviews are beautiful !!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful watch. Your Father's watch has a Bulova caliber 214 movement - the first of a total of 6 types of tuning fork movements produced by Bulova from 1960 - 1977. Accutron 214 movement watches are considered by many to be the most desirable type of Accutron. Yours is called a Chapter Ring Spaceview because of the metal ring with the hour/minute hash marks. As Skypiolet says, battery of Accutrons goes in upside-down compared to most, if not all, other watches. Make certain the battery is fully seated before screwing on battery cover. Is the band "signed" on the clasp - does the clasp have the word "Bulova" or a tuning fork symbol? If so, that is more desirable and may be original or a period-correct replacement band.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
hi there ill start with saying hello iv not got a clue about watches my father was a watchmaker in Italy
and when he past away he left all his old watches and machines tools etc to me,there is a ultrasonic cleaner that i haven't a clue how to use
anyway this is one of his watches id love to no more about it got the serial number 171617 and (n0) under the serial number.also what way up would the battery go in.
thank you for looking

Welcome to the Bulova & Accutron Forum, sirio. Wow! Great inheritance. Glad to have you onboard :cool1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts