WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
Assuming that this watch is a legitimate Patek, the following is from a Patek expert (not me): " Patek Philippe's first water-resistant chronograph wristwatch, reference 1463 was launched in 1940 and remaining in production until 1965. The pink gold examples of the model are much rarer than those in yellow gold or stainless steel, with only around 50 watches in this exquisite material known publicly. Of these, only a handful are fitted with a pulsation dial, very few including the present watch are confirmed by the Extract from the Archives. "

This watch is suited to a good quality black or brown Patek alligator strap with the appropriate gold buckle. There are a number of vendors in the USA that can supply these straps and pricing will run somewhere between $500 - $1000 with the matching Patek buckle.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the best I can do for authenticity. Was serviced in Geneva in 1979. Dial was replaced but by the masters. movement had a thourough reconditioning (by the masters) and watch was returned. They didn't even want payment until the services were performed and the watch was returned. Doesn't matter as far as the dial.. it's not for sale. Replace dial $85?!
Handwriting Rectangle Font Parallel Paper

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Looks like you have some provenance to go with a very nice Patek. Congrats!
Yes it was a gift to my Grandfather, a Doctor in Cuba. It was purchased from Cuervo Y Sobrinos (our-history2) Like the Tiffanys of Havana back in the day. It was given to him by the family of one of his patients, hence the pulsometer (doctor's watch) dial. It later went to my Dad and was passed to me by my father. Fully intact record. I appreciate your appreciation!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.