WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I'm new here and in need of info about ISA movements.
Having owned another SMHanowa, a Cervin model with a Ronda movement that always did a great job, I was going to buy another SMHanowa, this time a Revenge AlarmChrono 6-5143.04.007. However I found that my aim is moved by ISA 8174/220 witch makes me wonder:
1. Is it a cheap movement not worth 160$?
2. The fact that it has Alarm function, should make me wonder about general quality of the movement? (like a chinese player on a Bentley:)))
3. Are ISA as bad as I heard, compared to Ronda? (parts from china, etc)

I know ETA are the best and that Ronda comes next, but what about ISA and this Alarm 8174/220 movement???

By the way? Should I order from Amazon at those low prices? Is it possible to end up with a refurbished watch???

Thanx!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ISASWISS / Company profile
ISA has complications that other companies don't.Since both Rhonda and ETA have plants in Asia,theres not really a marked difference in quality.
Quartz movements end up being reliable regardless of origin.
A better question is about the Company thats using this movement which is Hanowa.ch.
SWISS MILITARY - HANOWA / Technics
Hanowa states that all movments are swiss.
As far as value? whether the quartz watch has an ETA or ISA won't effect the price point.Its what you are willing to pay and what you consider when value ends and name begins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An elegant and answer:biggrin: for witch I am grateful.

Still, what kind o "complications" could be expeted or have occurred on these movements? Or should I leave these complications to luck?
Regarding Hanowa, I admit to be a bit of a fan, or just willing to buy another of their watches based on my experience with only one of their products... a good one. I know it's not a Tissot or Certina, so I guess I'm making a near blind bet on Hanowa to truly provide decent "swiss" quallity.

Since my swiss options on the budget are running out at this time, what do u think about the "Orient Men's CFM00001B Power Reserve Semi-Skeleton Black"? Scores well in all reviews, but is it realy reliable? Is it a japanese orient movement, or another cheap way to sell the brand?

The thing is that I can live with not having the budget today for a decent Swis or a Orient, etc, but I would hate to buy a bad watch, and would rather wait till I could buy the real thing. Otherwise I'd buy Chinese Omega for 50$ and tell everyone that on my wrist "is the watch that walked the moon":laugh:

Thank you!

·
Banned
4 Posts
Hello to all,
I'm new here and in need of info about ISA movements.
Having owned another SMHanowa, a Cervin model with a Ronda movement that always did a great job, I was going to buy another SMHanowa, this time a Revenge AlarmChrono 6-5143.04.007. However I found that my aim is moved by ISA 8174/220 witch makes me wonder:
1. Is it a cheap movement not worth 160$?
2. The fact that it has Alarm function, should make me wonder about general quality of the movement? (like a chinese player on a Bentley:)))
3. Are ISA as bad as I heard, compared to Ronda? (parts from china, etc)

I know ETA are the best and that Ronda comes next, but what about ISA and this Alarm 8174/220 movement???

By the way? Should I order from Amazon at those low prices? Is it possible to end up with a refurbished watch???

Thanx!

Hi there. If I where you just go shopping with the nearest shop in your location, with that you can assure the quality you can buy with your money. And you can see the wrist right away and can check it carefully then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts