WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all would some one be so kind as to go over posting pics from photo bucket to the forum in extreme layman's terms.the only pics I've been able to post come directly from my computer. I'm having trouble with the URL and the upload and transfer of such from photo bucket to the forum. thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Here you go.. Just follow these simple steps & you'll be posting pictures!! :thumbup1:]

POSTING PICS

Posting pictures is very easy. Here's what you do -

1. Register with a picture host like photobucket.com
This is a free service for up to 1,000 images.

2. Once registered, use the choose or browse function on your photobucket homepage to locate the image you wish to post, from your hard drive

PLEASE REMEMBER to set the maximum size of the image
800 x 600 is best
Anything else would make viewing and accessing the page for users difficult.

3. Click SELECT and then UPLOAD

4. Once uploaded, simply copy the fourth option under each image on your photobucket homepage and paste it into the body of your text here. This fourth link is the Image Tag.

If after doing that, you still have questions just let us know & someone will be glad to help! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott d thank you for the response am I to understand that I am essentially pulling an image or pic from my hard drive/computer not from photo bucket? or is there a difference between using a URL vs a hard drive pic or are they one in the same I'm posting a pic using the same method i used before.thanks i know this is probably a simple procedure that I've made complicated but i just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Actually, it's the opposite. Basically, you'll copy the picture from your hard-drive to the Photo Buckets server. Then, when posting pictures to WTF, the source will be the Photo Bucket server, not your hard drive. WTF's servers don't actually store any pictures. It just views it from the Photo Bucket server which is where it's stored.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts