WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a Diver Date from joma. Perfect condition upon initial inspection. Went to wind the watch and something just doesn't feel right. Winding just isn't very smooth. There is definitely some friction. I am concerned b/c I just sold a brand new (authorized dealer purchase) Aquis. I believe the two watches have the same movement in them. The Aquis seemed well lubed without even a hint of friction when I wound it. Am I over analyzing it? Will the mechanics of the watch smooth out with time? Or should I be sending this back? To be clear, the watch the watch is keeping time, but I'll have to give it a few days to see how much it is off.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I;m not sure we can really help, sorry. Jomas aren't a sponsor at WTF so we can't ask them for their opinion on this either.
Plus, the winding 'feel' is very subjective, you can't exactly post pics of it.
I just wound my Diver Date and compared it with my TAG (2824-2) and my Breitling (modified 2824?? can't remember). Both of them seem 'smoother' than the Oris, the Oris almost sounds 'drier' when winding, but there is no significant resistance to winding, and the watch has kept excellent time since I bouight it.

You really need to get your hands on another Diver Date and compare the two - I think it's the only way to put your mind at rest, or confirm your fears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I know without handling the watch it would be hard to give an opinion. But your advice seems to jive with what I was thinking. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Thanks. I know without handling the watch it would be hard to give an opinion. But your advice seems to jive with what I was thinking. Thanks.
No problem - if you're ever in this corner of the planet, you're welcome to drop in and give my Diver Date a wind - see how it compares :001_smile:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does the watch have a display back? If so, when you wind the watch does the rotor spin as well? If so you will have to get it serviced.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Does the watch have a display back? If so, when you wind the watch does the rotor spin as well? If so you will have to get it serviced.
Interesting - what does that signify? I know the rotor should not spin when winding the watch, exactly what does it mean if it does spin?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts