WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have this problem nagging me since yesterday. I was tinkering around with a broken Japanese movement in a 'Trump' watch, to my delight i fixed it and made it work ! But annoyingly one detail is off.

The watch has a 24 hour dial, and it doesn't match with the regular hour hand i.e if the time shows 6 am, the 24 hour dial shows 8 AM. The date changes when the 24 hour dial crosses 24 mark, that tells me that some how the hour hand setting is leading by 2 hours.

Is there a way I can fix this, this is bugging me and I cannot concentrate on my day job :) any advice will be much appreciated.

peace ...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It seems to me that you probably had the hands off right?...If so or regardless

I think that you will have to reset the hour hand by 2 hrs?

I could be wrong, but it seems like that would be the logical fix IMO...

Good luck with it, :thumbup1:
Jim

Hi folks,

I have this problem nagging me since yesterday. I was tinkering around with a broken Japanese movement in a 'Trump' watch, to my delight i fixed it and made it work ! But annoyingly one detail is off.

The watch has a 24 hour dial, and it doesn't match with the regular hour hand i.e if the time shows 6 am, the 24 hour dial shows 8 AM. The date changes when the 24 hour dial crosses 24 mark, that tells me that some how the hour hand setting is leading by 2 hours.

Is there a way I can fix this, this is bugging me and I cannot concentrate on my day job :) any advice will be much appreciated.

peace ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
If it is a simple mechanical quartz...

Hi folks,

peace ...
That is; not a 'fly by wire' movement; then their may be a couple of options.
The 24 hour hand can be set with the crown or there is a reset sequence you need to follow.

or... as PJ says; you can simple remove the hands and put them back on in the proper positions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is; not a 'fly by wire' movement; then their may be a couple of options.
The 24 hour hand can be set with the crown or there is a reset sequence you need to follow.

or... as PJ says; you can simple remove the hands and put them back on in the proper positions.

Good suggestions, Archie and Poseidon. I'd experiment with the crown being pulled out to the various positions, much like you have to do on a Seiko 5 to change the day and the date. I'm thinking it's a GMT analog style watch. What's the brand of watch?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts