WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having trouble finding the next watch I want I know the details of what I am looking for, but could use some recommendations please. The only other watch I have is a Steinhart Ocean GMT.

What I am looking for is this:

- automatic
- Stainless Steal
- not a stereotypical diver
- blue face, simple, clean face, no extra dials
- date, cyclops is ok
- sapphire
- 22mm lugs

- preferably a brown leather band

I am looking in the $300-$350 range. Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Other than you not wanting a stereotypical diver, this watch meets most of your requirements. As for the strap, you can always get an aftermarket one. Price is under $200

Seiko SKX009K2
SKX009K2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Maybe something by Edouard Lauzieres?

By the way, that is an EL strap with a signed tang buckle!
Sorry I don't know the price of their autos- mine is a Ronda quartz.
But EL owner James Elsener is a WTF member and I'm sure would gladly answer your contact.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I am not sure you will be able to buy a blue dialled brown strap diver directly unless you go try used.

Bernhardt Sea Shark $239

Deep Blue Divemaster 500 with eta 2824 on sale at $399

Deep Blue Pro Sun Diver $281

And if you are prepared to stretch it you could try Boschett's Cave Dweller $440

·
Registered
805 Posts
not a stereotypic dive watch? does that mean no rotating bezel? a watch with a high WR rating but not bezel? the bernhardt seems to be the ticket as it has a lot of features for a very good price. a blue face orient snorkeler might be the ticket if you can find one.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
pratt said:
not a stereotypic dive watch? does that mean no rotating bezel? a watch with a high WR rating but not bezel? the bernhardt seems to be the ticket as it has a lot of features for a very good price. a blue face orient snorkeler might be the ticket if you can find one.
I think he means not a sub knockoff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts