WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It hurts me to admit it but I dropped my M6 Spaceview when taking it from safe storage. When I put a battery in it to test it, it made a “clanging or rattling” sound, reminded me of someone once saying a mis-adjusted hack spring would do this but my M6 doesn’t have one; I removed the battery as quickly as I could. Now I’m fearful of causing damage by putting a battery back in till I know what the cause of that sound was due to. I removed the safety bridge and it looks like both the pawl and fork fingers are still on the index wheel; anybody have any thoughts or other things I can check?
Sorry about the poll picture, it's a new scope and I'm not used Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Hubcap Rim
to taking pictures through the eye piece

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don't think the drop to the floor would have done any damage itself. If anything, maybe something loose in the case got dislodged.

I would suggest to look carefully at the tuning fork cups and see if there is anything stuck to the cups or between the cups and the coils. If so, carefully remove it. If there's nothing there, then just put a battery in it and try again. If the sound continues, then it is probably time to get it looked at, but if it runs ok and sounds normal, then just check it periodically to see if it still running ok. You are not likely to do any damage to the watch unless you continue to run it while it makes strange sounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts