WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of assistance here. If anyone has a Longines butterfly deployant, perhaps you could help me out.

I just won this auction on ebay for a Longines alligator strap and deployant clasp.

This is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160735093761&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:CA:1123

I'm a bit confused as the model # on the clasp ( L639119706 ) corresponds to a butterfly deployant with dual pushbuttons when I do a google search. The one in the auction seems to be a friction fit.

Does anyone have a Longines deployant clasp that is a friction fit, versus using the dual buttons? It seems odd that Longines would use the same part # for two different clasps.

To make matters a bit more confusing, if you look at this ebay auction (a different seller).

LONGINES genuine deployment buckle | eBay

He has 3 different types of Longines clasps for sale (steel, pink gold and yellow gold). If you look at the 4th picture, you will see that it appears to be a friction fit clasp whereas the other pictures (the steel and rose gold) are of the 2 button variety.

I'm not overly concerned about the friction fit, but more concerned that it's a legit Longines product.

Finally, any thoughts on the gator strap?

Thanks
James

·
Banned
778 Posts
The first link shows the same strap and deployment buckle (same code of L639119706) as the one that came with my brand new Mater Retrograde Seconds.

I took a very quick (albeit not very good) picture for you just now.

It feels very snug on the wrist and the strap feel decent quality too.

I hope that this helps?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts