WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 14k (case and bracelet) Provita watch my jeweler friend just got in. Neither of us knows anything about the brand. It looks by design to be of 1960s vintage. About 35mm round case with gold indices and silver dial, an automatic movement. Badly needs cleaning and undoubtedly servicing. The bottom of dial says "Swiss Mov't," which indicates it was not made in Switzerland. I did find on the web someone selling a 1966 color ad for Provita watches, which indicated the company was based in La Chaux-de-Fonds and also Pforzheim. I've found a few e-Bay ads for Provita watches, but no details. Anybody know anything about the company and its products?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it does sound like something they flog on late-night TV. My college Latin tells me the name means "for life," so maybe I can put it on my wrist and watch my mood alter. Anyhow, the dealer is going to take the movement out (then we can see what it is) and weigh the watch and maybe sell it to me just for the gold value, so I wouldn't be out much if it's a good Swiss movement and all we need is a servicing and cleanup...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts