WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start off by saying that I'm not a huge watch enthusiast so my knowledge is very limited.

The history of this watch pretty limited, it was bought by my grandfather for my grandmother sometime in the 1970's I believe in a store called PEWEX, which in Poland during communist rule was the only (official) place you could buy western things using USD's. PEWEX only sold new items, or so I'm told so I believe the watch was made around that time.

I would like to find out a little about this watch and a rough idea of what it's worth, also how to sell a watch like this properly.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Rob

Attachments

·
Banned
63 Posts
I'd like to start off by saying that I'm not a huge watch enthusiast so my knowledge is very limited.

The history of this watch pretty limited, it was bought by my grandfather for my grandmother sometime in the 1970's I believe in a store called PEWEX, which in Poland during communist rule was the only (official) place you could buy western things using USD's. PEWEX only sold new items, or so I'm told so I believe the watch was made around that time.

I would like to find out a little about this watch and a rough idea of what it's worth, also how to sell a watch like this properly.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Rob
What you have is a fake patek Philippe watch.
Its worth nothing

·
Banned
63 Posts
I haven't had it authenticated, but I've had it at a gold dealer which has offered me 1200Eur in just gold price (in weight). Is there really a chance that someone made a fake with that much gold???
yes.

Even your most simple patek watch of any vintage sells for 10K and up.

This is a very nice fake Patek Philippe .

sell it for its weight in gold and nothing more.

Your gold dealer is a smart man and knows watches . If he wasnt hed offer you alot more for it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not sure its a fake

Difficult to say with out detailed pics of the dial and movement.

But essentially these ladies cocktail watches have much less value than a mens watch and most dealers will only offer scrap value.

However some are a little more valuable and can be sold at a premium to the gold value, however the difficuly is finding a buyer so most people will sell at scrap value.

I suspect the buyer will try and sell at a retail price of twice that and if they fail will jusr scrap it- its a real pity as there is a lot of work in those cases and straps.

But I am not sure if it is a fake PP, however 1200 euro sounds reasonable- sorry

Julian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'll go have it checked out, I've never doubted the authenticity before as my Grandfather had two other Patek watches for himself. Nor do I doubt your judgement but I have a hard time believing that he would have been conned into buying a fake, even in 1970's Poland. I guess I may be wrong here but the other two watches have checked out. Reference 3520-10 & Ref. 3667/4. The one I posted I could not find a history but I'm shocked that it might be a fake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

But essentially these ladies cocktail watches have much less value than a mens watch and most dealers will only offer scrap value.

However some are a little more valuable and can be sold at a premium to the gold value, however the difficuly is finding a buyer so most people will sell at scrap value.

I suspect the buyer will try and sell at a retail price of twice that and if they fail will jusr scrap it- its a real pity as there is a lot of work in those cases and straps.

But I am not sure if it is a fake PP, however 1200 euro sounds reasonable- sorry

Julian
I'll take it to the watch dealer to open up and I'll snap a few photos of the movement, I'm afraid to open it up myself as I don't want to break anything.

·
Banned
63 Posts

Julian
you dont even know what you are talking about do you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.