WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my vintage watch collection and I have always wanted to know if these have a name. the brown strap watch is 14K gold case the blue starp one is 10K RGP. all mechincal duh of course they are.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I was looking through my vintage watch collection and I have always wanted to know if these have a name. the brown strap watch is 14K gold case the blue starp one is 10K RGP. all mechincal duh of course they are.
Wow - tough question!

At first I thought the 14K model had basic similarities to the 1962 Rayburn. However on the Rayburn the bezel would seem to be wider - with more steps, its crown is partly hidden, there's an "H" logo on the dial and the lugs look to have sharp terminations, not rounded like yours. (Should mention here that the case and bezel are always the best indicators of a model; everything else can be changed. Dials are the worst; they are often refinished incorrectly (having been sent for repair when the get stained by humidity, sweat and/or mould).

1964 catalogue image:

I'm going to 'call' the second one as being the unglamorously named M 79-3 from 1964.

1964 catalogue image:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much. I've had the brown strap watch for 18 yrs a gift from my father. it's been in my collection and I never could find the name or production yr . thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
I'm going to call the first one a Thinline 2000 from 1960.
I'll second that. I'm in love with those numbers! :001_wub:

And I believe the second one is an entry level model. No name- it was simply called the M79-3 in the 1964 catalog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.