WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband has always wanted the Hamilton Ventura.I'm hoping it's the Ventura with the Black face, with yellow gold and a brown band..I've been doing my research and am getting a little overwhelmed because I'm getting confused at some of the options and making sure of a watch's authenticity..Is the brown band hard to find because it's no longer produced and just black face/with black band is now?
I talked with a jeweler because I found a 50th Anniversary I really liked, but she told me it wasn't authentic because they didn't have one with a diamond on the 50 mark, and it should say electric near the 6..but thru research i think she was just thinking of the silver and black version, not the yellow and black/brown band version...Anyone have time to help me sort out options, that'd be awesome...This is my first time to this site...I can check back here or you can email me @ [email protected], or if anyone is interested in selling one they have, I'd be open to options,
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I failed to mention that we have a genuine Hamilton scholar on board, who is especially well-versed in the evolution of Venturas.

If he happens by, you'll really be in luck.

He goes by the handle "HamiltonElectric" and yes, he is published.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Hi again, MCross. I am in my second day of wearing/owning a Ventura 50th Anniversary watch. I am loving it.

There are still Anniversary Venturas available but there are some not so subtle differences. The stainless steel/black dial version is the model with ELECTRIC just above the 6'oclock position and from information on a very long thread here lasting several days, this one very closely resembles the original electric version from 1957 but with silver sculped hour markers.

The goldtone version has a small diamond chip at the 10 o'clock position or 50 minutes on the dial to commemorate the 50th anniversary Venturas introduced in 2007. This has the gold dot hour markers and the electric symbol across the middle of the dial. There were 1957 of these made (1957 is the year of introducton for the Ventura). I have not seen one of these in person but I am told that the dial is more deep bronze in color rather than black.

There are also two commemorative versions for the Japanese market in goldtone and rosetone finishes but only 1000 of each was manufactured.

If you Google HAMILTON VENTURA, you will get lots of vendor information. It may pay to buy from an authorized dealer to get the two year manufacturer's warranty.

Click here for our Ventura thread. . . http://74.50.21.220/~watch18/forums/showthread.php?t=1906

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome Mcross....The black/black version with electric printed across the dial does not have the diamond chip. Let us know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts