WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of 9 carat gold watches for which I need to find a home; A working Senate, and a non working Bentina Star, dated 1960's and 1977 respectively. Is it permitted for me to advertise them on here, or is there somewhere else you might recommend? I'm not looking for a lot of money, I just want them to go to a good home. If there is any interest I can post some photos.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
17,201 Posts
I would be the LAST person to discourage ANYONE from posting watch photos. And once you've made a total of 5 comments here, you are certainly more than welcome to use our own sales forum!
However...our readership at present is mostly guys, so maybe we aren't your best bet. I'm sure other watch chat sites have sales forums to advertise in. If you're trying to simply sell (without becoming fabulously wealthy), Ebay is an excellent venue. The site is rife with both sexes looking for good, quick deals.
Do you still read your local newspaper? And do they have a "Swap Meet" sectiion, or a listing of yard sales, or even a small local antiques store you can consign your watch to? The added advantage here is no on-line registration hassles or restrictions.
Best wishes, good luck, and Happy Holiday!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your helpful reply, though they are actually men's watches, and I'll happily post some photos except that I can't seem to find the button to attach them with, but maybe that's because I don't have enough posts yet?

·
Administrator
7,646 Posts
Thanks very much, but I would appreciate some advice as to what would be a sensible price on here?
I'd suggest that you start by looking at eBay and see what similar watches have sold for. I did a quick search for 'Senate' watches and found none but they are similar to "Smiths" watches in Britain and most of those run between $50 - $100 USD depending on condition. As for the 'Bentima', there are a few on eBay. I'd suggest they sell in the same price range as the 'Senate' watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts