WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new to the watch world so for give me if this is a stupid question. I received my new watch today and the hour minute and second hand do not move when in position 0,
the second hand moves when I push the chronograph button the second hands move, when I set the time the hands move manually but when I return the crown to 0 the basic run position nothing moves.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
a few more details

Hello, you may want to add a few more details about the piece. Is it automatic or quartz? model #? The second hand is a "center stop second" most likely which means you probably have a "small second hand".If the watch is an automatic. Is it wound?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, this is my first watch believe it or not so I really know nothing.
It is a quartz subaqua noma IV chronograph model #6566.
The minute,hour hands don't move. The second hand does when in a different mode, but when to just tell time returns to 12oclock position.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Chronograph watches are meant to be used like a stopwatch. In its "normal" mode the large second hand will be fixed at the 12, the large minute hand and hour hand will function as normal. There should also be a small subdial that is always running which is your seconds. Now when you start to time something you hit the upper pusher starting the large second hand. After the second hand counts 60 seconds the minute subdial will tick counting the number of minutes past. The third subdial will give the the 1/10 seconds. When your done timing hit the top pusher again stopping the timer. Hit the bottom pusher to reset.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help but unfortunately the watch is broken second hand does not move and is linked to the hour and minute so they don't move either. The Rolex dealer said these watches are crap and to get my money back, flashy on the outside junk on the inside he said. So guess I'm sending it back, thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Too bad things didn't work out. I hope you find a watch that works for you. I wouldn't call them "junk" maybe they aren't as nice as a rolex, but they aren't "junk." They use the same movements other manufacturers use maybe even some that are under his display case too. I hope things work out better with you next purchase.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I wouldn't call them "junk" maybe they aren't as nice as a rolex, but they aren't "junk." They use the same movements other manufacturers use maybe even some that are under his display case too.
I agree with this statement. Too many times people call Invicta junk when there is operational problem with the movement in the watch. Invicta doesn't make there own movements, they use the same movements found in a lot of other brands. If your local Rolex dealer has anything negative to say about the watch you purchased it should be about the movement not the watch that it is in. Your SAN IV has the Ronda 5050E movement on it, the second hand is the one at the two o'clock position with the silver ring around it. Did you buy the watch new or used? Perhaps it's just a battery issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts