WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much know nothing about watches.. But i have a pretty old looking watch just sitting here and I wanted to know if its real or fake. Also some basic information on the watch would be nice like the model and other things.. Thanks in advance :)

Photo1 (1).jpg Photo1.jpg

These arent very good pictures , but on the inside it says Omega with the Omega symbol and it says 17 jewels and all the way at the bottom it says swiss.. On the back it has a triangle and it has the omega symbol and it says omega watch and under it outside the trianlge it says "swiss made" but written in another language.. then it has 18k and 0.750 inside a small rectangular shape.. and the omega symbol is also engraved in many different parts of the watch..

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I pretty much know nothing about watches.. But i have a pretty old looking watch just sitting here and I wanted to know if its real or fake. Also some basic information on the watch would be nice like the model and other things.. Thanks in advance :)

View attachment 26986 View attachment 26987

These arent very good pictures , but on the inside it says Omega with the Omega symbol and it says 17 jewels and all the way at the bottom it says swiss.. On the back it has a triangle and it has the omega symbol and it says omega watch and under it outside the trianlge it says "swiss made" but written in another language.. then it has 18k and 0.750 inside a small rectangular shape.. and the omega symbol is also engraved in many different parts of the watch..
Hi and welcome to WTF! Your description is actually better than the pictures, to be quite honest. From what you are describing it sounds like you have a legitimate Omega, likely a woman's model. But without proper pictures to better identify the watch, it's impossible to swear that what you have is legit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had one similar to yours about 5 years ago. It ended up being a fake. I actually found a good article on these particular ladies "Omega" watches, I'll try to dig it up. These were sold roughly in the 1950's to the 1970's. If you were at a rest area, a man would come up to you begging you for money, and in trade, give you a "$500" watch for $25 or so. A lot of the time, they would tell you a story about how his car broke down and has no money to get it fixed, but has a watch to sell if you could offer any amount of money.

Anyway, the triangle on the back is infamous for knock off Omega's from that time period. Omega usually never had that marking on the outside of the case, but instead it would be on the inside of the case back. I could be wrong with yours, but that was just my experience with a similar watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts