WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a handful of reviews on sites where people have said water got in and ruined it. From what I can tell about mine, it does NOT have a screw down crown like a lot of the Invicta sub homages do, yet it's still rated 200m water resistant. Do any of you have experience with the 8932A, or maybe have a friend that's mentioned this? Does Invicta have any history of problems with water resistance?

Thanks for any help =]

·
Registered
33 Posts
To answer your question without being sarcastic, I would simply say: I would be careful washing my hands!!!! Most watches without a screwdown crown and pushers is not trustworthy (in my book) to be subjected to 200m of pressure. Just my 2 cents worth of knowledge!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,903 Posts
Screw-down crowns are great insurance against accidentally pulling the crown out and against water leakage, but they're not mandatory.
Unreliable? Don't tell that to the owner of a
Radiomir Panerai,
Fortis Marinemaster - later versions (earlier versions had screw down crowns but were unreliable and thus discontinued),
Eterna Kon Tiki,
J-LC Master Compressor,
J-LC Master Compressor Diving Chronograph,
or J-LC master Compressor Diving GMT,
Luminox 3000,
IWC Aquatimer,
any of the earlier Doxa dive watches,
or an Aquastar Seatime up to the 1960s.
None of these watches has screw-down crowns.

Your 8932, like other sports watches that are OK for wet activities has double gaskets inside the stem tube to seal it against water. In theory, this should be good down to a depth of 30 meters (but definitely not 200 or even 100).
You can get it wet without any worries, and wash your hands as often as you want. I would not go swimming with it on however. Not because of concerns with water pressure or leakage, but the simple fact that the crown could pull out to the time setting position. When that happens the flanges on the stem separate from the gaskets and all water resistance goes right out the window.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey all! So I went ahead and said 'what the heck' last night and risked wearing it in the shower haha. Everything's worked fine afterwards, no fogged glass or anything. That puts my mind at ease for sure haha I mean, what's the point of having a dive watch you can't get wet? xD

I have to say, I'm a huge fan of this watch overall. It's the first Invicta I've owned, and I'm very impressed. Keeps time perfectly, looks like a slightly smaller Rolex Sub (which is perfect for my smaller wrist), and it looks awesome on my green/black/red Bond style RAF military strap. I am definitely an Invicta fan now, to say the least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.