WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not keeping time. I have heard of the 3 month repair process and I cant wait that long. Why is my second hand working, but the minute and hour hands aren't? The watch was bought brand new from World of Watches in May... I shouldnt be having these issues. Can someone advise me of my options. Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Yeah...the phrase "Hoist by one's own petard" comes to mind.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Brian, you got 3 choices:
1) See if World of Watches will give you warranty satisfaction
2) Just take it to a local watchmaker and have it repaired
3) Buy a watch that's not mentioned so often at consumeraffairs.com

Reactions: beverett007

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is Model NUmber 12954 Bolt Series Reserve Jason Taylor Limited Edition Collection, yada yada yada... I haven't been able to speak with anyone. I called World of Watches and was on hold 40 minutes before I had to drop off and get back to work. Is there a better route than that for info on the warranty process? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks MikeyT.. I am seeing that now! ugh! I just really loved the watch though. I had no idea it would conk out on me in 3 months!

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Both Invicter &WOW leave a bad taste in most consumers mouths, that said your gonna have to contact WOW for repairs or go straight to the source. As others have mentioned do your research before you purchase anything from Invicter,& WOW doesn't honor ****, purchased some bad a$$ winders from them years ago & they didn't honor the warranty cuz they no longer carried the brand & couldn't even remember the manufacturers name.:eek:
Sorry your having these types of issues. May wanna consider another brand to get into.But we all have to start somewhere.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Is there a better route than that for info on the warranty process?
Yes.
W.O.W. Home Page > Help > Watches > Warranty
Warranty plainly states the hands are NOT covered. Elsewhere on the site I found that WoW has only a 30 DAY return policy specific to the Invicta Brand. This is one of the prime reasons why we try to advise against gray market vendors. And WoW is definitely gray market. You did not buy a new watch from WoW...it's used. World of Watches is legally considered the only primary owner. I am sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

Take it to a local watch repair shop for fastest service.

That's why we constantly say buy the seller. Thoroughly research who you buy from.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That's why we constantly say buy the seller. Thoroughly research who you buy from.<br/>

Best advise & rule of thumb.
@ OP if you take anything away from all these post this is THE most important

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nothing that I'm aware of.
But I don't do Invicter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nothing that I'm aware of.
But I don't do Invicter
Thanks for the confirmation as I have not seen anything that even remotely resembles the Bolt Zeus out there either.

Interesting that for someone who "don't do Invicter", you seem to have a strong opinion about it. Now if there is only a way to identify which are true and which are not.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation as I have not seen anything that even remotely resembles the Bolt Zeus out there either.

Interesting that for someone who "don't do Invicter", you seem to have a strong opinion about it. Now if there is only a way to identify which are true and which are not.

Been there done that w/ them years & years ago.Learned my lesson after a couple episodes.
Why am I justifying myself to you.

DO SOME HOMEWORK/RESEARCH ON THE BRAND.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even on an invicta forum people bash invicta. I've bought from wow a few times, not one problem.. I have bolt Zeus, venoms, excursions... And no issues... How is the second hand working? My second hand was skipping on a watch and counting by 5s. Watch not keeping time and replaced battery, worked fine afterwards..

What have you done to try to get watch moving, Nything..? The bolts and venoms tend to be very high on the quality side

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
gray market vendors. And WoW is definitely gray market. You did not buy a new watch from WoW...it's used. World of Watches is legally considered the only primary owner.
Not exactly true. The watch is still new, it just doesn't have a factory warranty.

In the end, the point is the same - if buying grey market or used, you're buying the seller, not the brand. I would buy from a customer service oriented grey market dealer, like Costco, in a second.

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Not exactly false either. I'll admit I shouldn't have called it a ''used'' watch.
It's "new" because no one has worn it yet, but in the eyes of Invicta, W.o.W. is the original owner...not the OP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Even on an invicta forum people bash invicta. I've bought from wow a few times, not one problem.. I have bolt Zeus, venoms, excursions... And no issues... How is the second hand working? My second hand was skipping on a watch and counting by 5s. Watch not keeping time and replaced battery, worked fine afterwards..

What have you done to try to get watch moving, Nything..? The bolts and venoms tend to be very high on the quality side
I'm not sure how the second hand is just ticking away, but the minutes/hours hands are stuck. I have wound them all the way around to get them moving angain, but nothing. This has been like this not for a month...I keep hoping before I finally decide to send this in, that it will mysteriously start working or that someone will offer some insight as to what the problem may be. I originally thought it was the battery, but now the second hand has been working for the last 30 days or so... weird

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are we done with the B.S.?

Now to your problem, first the problem doesn't seem to be mechanical since you can use the stem to set the hour and minute hands. Second, you have not said if the chronograph is working. Is it? Try pushing the top pusher and let it run. If the watch dies then it probably just needed a battery. If it is still running many hours later it is most likely a problem with the electrical circuit and needs to go back to Invicta for repair. HTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts