WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
What you have is a Dunhill "bobby finder SP30" - model #DCZ550BL. If it doesn't strike your fancy either, I'd be happy to put it to use. Heck, I'd even pay the shipping - That's just the kind of guy I am! :lol::001_tt2::lol:
Seriously, it is a very nice watch, and I'm envious of anyone who has such a fine timepiece "fall in their lap". New, it has a list price around (US)$4400, and I believe it uses an ETA based automatic movement with an added complication, but I don't know who makes that. As has been mentioned, Dunhill keeps its movement supplier info close to the vest, but if you search around on the web long enough someone will have looked I'm sure. I've always liked Dunhills, I don't think they get enough notice... they make some very interesting, and innovative watches, yours in particular. :thumbup1:
As for operation, once wound up (either by crown, or gently swinging the watch), the time functions should start working. Pushing the button at "2:00" should start the large "seconds" hand, each time it covers 60 sec., the smaller red hand will count off one minute. You can stop the timer by pressing the same button again, and read the total elapsed time. Pressing the button at "4:00" will reset the hands.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts