WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with that one. It looks like a good one though, doesn't ring any alarm bells for me for being a fake or being redialled etc. Hopefully one of our vintage guys can chime in.

Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

Don't think its a fake, used to be my fathers, grandfathers hand watch.

Got no serial, only says Swiss Made

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
It's a manual wind from the late 50's or 60's, probably with a caliber 30L inside. Might have a 23Z or 12.68 too. Pop off the back and post clear pics of the inside of the caseback and movement so we can see the numbers and we can tell you what year it was made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely right, 30L

The inside says;

Longines 17 jewels
Swiss
30L

Lid says:

Acier
inoxydable
717 61

Attachments

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Early 1961. Case reference 7176. Acier inoxydable means stainless steel. Another round of "Stump the Mod" won by the house. Thanks for playing! :wink::laugh:

Wait... I'm not the moderator anymore. :blink:

Anyhow, that's a pretty nice watch. The gunk on the dial might clean up if you remove it from the watch and dip it in one of those jewelry cleaners that consist of sodium carbonate. Just don't put the metal plate in the solution that causes the chemical reaction. You should take it to have the internals cleaned, oiled, and adjusted by a watchmaker and ask him if he can clean the dial maybe. DO NOT REFINISH IT! That kills the value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts