WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post. Hello.

I bought a Black Monster and caught the bug. I've been reading everything I can find about watches and have been very impressed with the Invicta line and what appears to be tremendous value.

From what I can tell, I want a NOS 9937 with ETA movement and true sapphire crystal. Oh, and I'd like to pay $250. I figure I'd better come up with plan B right?

I love the classic look of the 9937 but I am willing to look at any diver 40+mm. Nothing too crazy (over 43mm).

I'll try to limit my sticking points to a few but these are non-negotiable.
True sapphire crystal
Swiss Auto movement
No goldtone
Under $300 (OK this is possibly negotiable but not much)

The Invicta lineup is so huge and the range of models over the years has me burnt out. Can anyone suggest some models to look at? I'm wondering if I can find a 4469. That was another one that really caught my eye.

Thanks for any suggestions!

S

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
First post. Hello.

I bought a Black Monster and caught the bug. I've been reading everything I can find about watches and have been very impressed with the Invicta line and what appears to be tremendous value.

From what I can tell, I want a NOS 9937 with ETA movement and true sapphire crystal. Oh, and I'd like to pay $250. I figure I'd better come up with plan B right?

I love the classic look of the 9937 but I am willing to look at any diver 40+mm. Nothing too crazy (over 43mm).

I'll try to limit my sticking points to a few but these are non-negotiable.
True sapphire crystal
Swiss Auto movement
Under $300 (OK this is possibly negotiable but not much)

The Invicta lineup is so huge and the range of models over the years has me burnt out. Can anyone suggest some models to look at? I'm wondering if I can find a 4469. That was another one that really caught my eye.

Thanks for any suggestions!

S
The 9937 is an excellent model but if you want an ETA movement and Saphire crystal your going to need to look exclusively at NOS or eBay. As you implied the older 9937's that feature both are going to sell at about $300 and more used. If your willing to accept a Sellita (also swiss, an ETA 2824 clone) movement and flame fusion crystal (I've never had an issue with one) a new 9937 sells for about $300 at Discount Watch Store. Also, you won't find saphire in Invicta watches for the forseeable future since they only use their FF crystal for now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I sure would like to find that NOS 9937. We'll see. I might have to ease up on my sapphire requirement. Maybe I'll order a "starter" Invicta (under $100) with the FF crystal and wear it as a tester/beater to find out what it can do. Believe me, I am HARD on watches.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey Export, if your interested I have a NIB 8926C for $150.00 posted. Bought it Jan 2011 and have never worn it. I'd like to unload it to get some funds for a few repairs on another watch.
Cheers,
Brian.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Hey Export, if your interested I have a NIB 8926C for $150.00 posted. Bought it Jan 2011 and have never worn it. I'd like to unload it to get some funds for a few repairs on another watch.
Cheers,
Brian.

Sales posts belong in the sales forum and require a patron level membership. Any further posts regarding the sale of a watch will be removed. Also $150 for an 8926 is a high asking price for a model that regularly sells for under $100. The 8926 would be a great option for a beater but I think it has a mineral crystal. There are some conflicting opinions/reports in regards to the crystal though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps a 6036?

Seemed like a lot for that watch.

Well - to give an Invicta with FF xtal a test run I think I've settled on a 6036. It appears to be a bit larger than an 8926 and doesn't have the innocuous "mineral" xtal. I believe it has a Seiko movement.

I figure that if the crystal proves to be somewhat scratch resistant/proof I will look into another model with swiss guts and more $$

Any comments on the 6036?

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I took both off the Bay a few months ago a Invicta Divers.
Invicta 9937

And this one with the SW200.

Good luck bud.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Your looking for some of the better watches Invicta has ever released. To find a nos 9937 with an ETA and sapphire is gonna be close to impossible same goes for the 4469 both are great watches and will be very hard to find new or like new. Of course finding a used one of either is much easier but will still take patience. While I have no issue with the sw200 models I also perfer the sapphire crystal model with the ETA but remember the earlier 9937s with the sw200 also have sapphire crystals and will say so on the back case. Really the only benefit of the newer style is the no holes lug case which is very nice as opposed to the old style where the pins come out by themselves. Also some of the newer models have been arriving with the clasp of the 8926 Amazon had this problem with some of its stock but its now corrected, others are still selling it so be sure to ask if you decide to buy the newer one. Also if you do buy don't pay a dime over three bills, not worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Whoops

Well I was screwing around on eb*y and kind of accidentally bought a 1077 Combat Sea Hunter auto. I think it's going to prove to be too big (HUGE!) for my tastes but we'll see. It's got a lot going for it though. I was sitting there in bewilderment as I watched the seconds ticking down expecting to get trumped. Everyone will probably jump in now and say that was the "deal of the day" somewhere last week for $189:cursing:

I am way old enough to know beer and eb*y don't mix!!!!

EDIT - does anyone know if it's possible to fit a (black ion) SS band to this watch if I decide I like it and want to change it up in the future??

Thanks for all the great info guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts