WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently wear a Rolex Submariner with Blue face & bezel. I have owned it for about 12 years and never take it off. I am looking to sell it and get something new. I have been looking at Black chronographs with either black ceramic or a darker stainless bands. I have looked at Michael Kors and Emporio Armani AR1421 and like the look, but I want a better made watch since I wear it everyday.I am looking to spend up to $1500. I appreciate all your help since I have been out of the watch market for a while.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I currently wear a Rolex Submariner with Blue face & bezel. I have owned it for about 12 years and never take it off. I am looking to sell it and get something new.
Why? :confused1:
You're saying you own a timeless classic that has given you great service over the last 12 years but you want to sell it and get something else?
All I can advise is KEEP IT, and if you want something else, save up and buy another watch - any other watch that you like. I think you'll come back to the sub over time, even if only to wear it occasionally.
Think very carefully before getting rid of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the forum and wanted to get an opinion on three watches I am currently looking at. Although I am not looking to sell anytime soon getting an idea on re-sale value would also be great.

1. Tag Aquaracer Automatic - £1,450
2. Omega Seamaster 300m Quartz Blue - £1,550

or (I am not sure I can justify £1,000 extra for this one over the Omega Quartz as it looks exactly the same as the Quartz)
3. Omega Seamaster 300m Automatic Blue - £2,550.

Would love to get your thoughts. The Omega Quartz Blue is very close to selling out in the UK so if I don't buy in the next few days it is gone for good (in store anyway).

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Resale value will always favor a mechanical watch. TAG, as a whole, has only average resale at best but they make good looking watches and a lot of us like the Aquaracer. Quartz full size (41mm) Omega Seamasters barely get $900 (£560) even if they're in nearly perfect condition and the mid size (36 mm) are lucky to break $675 (£420). If you can't justify the extra expense for the automatic Omega, get the TAG. Great looking bezel on that Aquaracer!

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Just to Add to Ulack's comments above - I would say the quartz Seamaster comes up for resale a LOT. I don't know if it's because owners get bored with them, want to move to a mechanical watch, or maybe it's because they're so popular that statistically more will come up for sale as a matter of course. So I wouldn't worry too much about missing out - you'd probably save a heap buying preowned, and you won't have to get rid of the Sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.