WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omega Seamaster Cal 1020 Daydate Stainless Steel Automatic Menswatch | eBay

That's the link. Please share your thoughts.

From the cursory research I did tonight, the watch appears to be real to me aside from, perhaps, replaced hands. The positioning of the "automatic" is also concerning although I did see a few other model 1660117s with the same layout. I still cannot locate an exact match to this watch which is worrisome.

So, the professionals in the room. Is this indeed a genuine seamaster? Any discussion is welcomed.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
The dial has been refinished. Let me give you a quick eBay lesson. When a seller states something like "DIAL : ORIGINAL DIAL IN GOOD CONDITION" they either don't know or are stretching the truth (the metal slab might be original but the paint is not) of what is original. The collector definition of original includes the original factory paint; the eBay definition just means the piece of metal that came in the watch. Never believe "JUST SERVICED" either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dial has been refinished. Let me give you a quick eBay lesson. When a seller states something like "DIAL : ORIGINAL DIAL IN GOOD CONDITION" they either don't know or are stretching the truth (the metal slab might be original but the paint is not) of what is original. The collector definition of original includes the original factory paint; the eBay definition just means the piece of metal that came in the watch. Never believe "JUST SERVICED" either.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not overly concerned with the dial being refinished as I assumed so since it was in perfect condition. I just want to make sure the dial is correct and the rest of the watch is genuine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm not overly concerned with the dial being refinished as I assumed so since it was in perfect condition. I just want to make sure the dial is correct and the rest of the watch is genuine. Any thoughts?
Collectors would always avoid a repainted dial, as it is never correct. Close, maybe, but never fully accurate. Even if it doesn't bother you now, if you start collecting in a few years, it will bother you. Trust me!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.