WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to help me identify the model of this Hamilton Watch? My father received it as a graduation present from his parents, so, it's circa 1953, 1954.

THANK YOU!!!

WATCH 3.JPG WATCH 2.jpg

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That is the Sawyer model. It looks like it's in nice condition. It's a model not often seen on eBay; probably fewer than a half dozen wristworthy examples annually. Probably worth up to $150.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sooooo much, Tom. Do you by any chance have any recommendations on how I might be able to find a vintage ad with this model??? Thanks again...you really made my day!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have one that you're willing to sell? I'm hoping to find one for my father that I can have framed for Christmas. I think Hamilton may have advertised heavily in National Geographic during this time but I'm not sure I'd make it through their catalog by next Christmas! Hopefully you're not sorry you stepped in to help me out...haha! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
As a general rule, you can go to Google and select Books from under the "More" tab. Enter Hamilton Watch 1953 and you get all the Life magazines, etc. that had Hamilton ad's.

Then you can further filter and go issue by issue looking for the watch you might be curious about.

It works pretty well for all years and it's interesting to see how the advertising changed with time.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you guys rock!! Already bought and found the life magazine....thank you sooooo much for all of your help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Tom, Dan, there will be a little something extra in your pay this week. :wink: Satisfaction of a job well done at least!:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The Sawyer is such an uncommon model that no photo of one has ever been posted on this forum to date.:cool1:

Troypen, if you have no objection, I would like to copy your photo and include it in the Master Photo Thread which is our photographic compilation of what we hope will include every Hamilton model ever produced.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I had one when I first started collecting, but sold it in order to get something I liked better. I did the same thing with an Emery, which you also don't see very often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts