WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,251 Posts
Looks to be in very good condition. Any chance you could provide well focused pictures of the back cover and the movement? We have some knowlegeable people here but I think they will need more information.

·
Administrator
6,882 Posts
My understanding is that the Thin-o-matic was first introduced in 1959 and hung around for about 12 - 13 yrs in various guises. I'd suggest that from the design its likely a mid-later 1960's version but as SFwatchGuy says, a good clear photo of the movement & case information would be very helpful.

·
Administrator
6,882 Posts
Well, according to the Ranfft site, that 629 movement wasn't introduced until 1965 so that (likely) narrows the period from 1966 - 1971 that this watch was produced. With that information i went for a wander thru the Hamilton Catalogues over at the Vintage Watch Forum and found a match for it. It's from their "Dateline" series in the 1971 catalogue and shows up as a 'Dateline TM-4902" model.

·
Super Moderator
16,451 Posts
And I'll confirm that identification.
Watch Analog watch White Rectangle Clock

I don't know why, but I keep forgetting about that section of the catelogs!
I must be losing brain cells faster than I realized.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone!! This was my grandfather’s watch. He passed away before I was born but I just came across it in a collection of his things that my father had. I’m going to get it serviced and add a black leather band which is more my style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts