WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a watch collector, I am a metal detectorist. I dug an 18k gold pocket watch this year. It has no serial number on the movement. The same information engraved on the inner cover is stamped on the movement. I have had not much luck trying to ID it. Just looking for a little help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Automotive lighting Tin Wood Tableware Serveware
Tableware Wood Automotive lighting Serveware Ingredient
Body jewelry Jewellery Wood Medal Circle
Wood Coin Currency Money Nickel

· Administrator
7,662 Posts
I assume the watch is missing its dial ?? The easiest way is to identify the movement but you would have to remove and clean it in a chemical bath to see any identifying marks. In any event, i would suggest you post this query over in the American Pocket Watch section at the NAWCC forum. They have a number of very knowledgeable pocket watch experts there who could likely identify the movement. If you do get an answer on that site, please come back here and update us!

Just as an aside, I did a quick ancestry search on that name and that family appeared to be in northern Kentucky during the late 1800's so not far from the Indianapolis area.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume the watch is missing its dial ?? The easiest way is to identify the movement but you would have to remove and clean it in a chemical bath to see any identifying marks. In any event, i would suggest you post this query over in the American Pocket Watch section at the NAWCC forum. They have a number of very knowledgeable pocket watch experts there who could likely identify the movement. If you do get an answer on that site, please come back here and update us!

Just as an aside, I did a quick ancestry search on that name and that family appeared to be in northern Kentucky during the late 1800's so not far from the Indianapolis area.
Thanks for the reply. I will repost. I have not gotten the face side open yet, so not sure of the condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts