WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This watch got passed down to me, and I have been trying to do research to find out what type it is only to find that I cannot find this model ANYWHERE. Could it possibly be a fake? Very rare? PLEASE HELP! I have not taken it apart to find the model number because I would be afraid of damaging it. The back reads 10k gold filled and also use 1260 wrench. If anybody has any information it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Welcome! It's a very late 60's or eraly 70's Ultra-Chron caliber 431, and the writing on the caseback tells us that the bezel and crystal come off so the internals come out the front. I would guess the "diamonds" are aftermarker add ons. Those hands did come on some Ultra-Chron 431 models, but I don't recall ever seeing them on that particular one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't rare. We have a few members who own the same watch, sans the diamonds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input, much appreciated. Do you happen to know what the value to this watch is in working condition? Also, is it worth getting serviced or are parts hard to come by for this watch?

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Thank you for your input, much appreciated. Do you happen to know what the value to this watch is in working condition? Also, is it worth getting serviced or are parts hard to come by for this watch?
Parts aren't too hard to source. A running gold filled watch like that sells for $150 - $250 depending on condition. If it's an heirloom have it serviced (cleaned, oiled, and adjusted) by a good watchmaker and wear it proudly. :thumbup1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts