WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m researching this watch for a friend it was his fathers and he has pictures of his dad wearing it in the 80s.
what I know about the watch
It’s approximately 32mm across
the strap loops are soldered on long time ago.
the second hand is missing and you cannot see any hole in the mechanism for it one to go in when looking through the face.
My friend took it to a jewellers who offered scrap value for the 9 carat case.
So any other information you guys can tell me I would be great full thank you.

Drinkware Liquid Automotive lighting Tableware Fluid
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Rectangle
Amber Body jewelry Clock Jewellery Circle
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Light Gold Amber Pocket watch

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
Only 9 "carrots" ? I'll assume you meant 'carats'. Bugs Bunny would be insulted. ;)

As for the watch, I'm not convinced it is completely original but I am not an early Omega expert. The markings on the case do indicate 9 carats (which is the lowest level that can be considered as 'gold'), it was imported into Britain in 1915 by the sponsor AGR which stands for Arthur George Rendell who was the head of Robert Pringle & Sons Importing based in London. There is probably an identifying mark for the movement located underneath the dial.

Possibly someone else here has some additional information.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only 9 "carrots" ? I'll assume you meant 'carats'. Bugs Bunny would be insulted. ;)

As for the watch, I'm not convinced it is completely original but I am not an early Omega expert. The markings on the case do indicate 9 carats (which is the lowest level that can be considered as 'gold'), it was imported into Britain in 1915 by the sponsor AGR which stands for Arthur George Rendell who was the head of Robert Pringle & Sons Importing based in London. There is probably an identifying mark for the movement located underneath the dial.

Possibly someone else here has some additional information.
Are you sure of the date I worked it out as 1922 from the letter g hallmark

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
Are you sure of the date I worked it out as 1922 from the letter g hallmark
My error. Yes, 1922 was the year it was assayed in London, England. In any event, given your grandfather wore the watch, it may be worth having a watch repair shop look at that movement and get it running properly again. Personally i wouldn't sell it for 'scrap value'.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My error. Yes, 1922 was the year it was assayed in London, England. In any event, given your grandfather wore the watch, it may be worth having a watch repair shop look at that movement and get it running properly again. Personally i wouldn't sell it for 'scrap value'.
Mikey it’s not mine it’s a friends I’m just a bored bedridden crip who likes finding something to look up and go where it takes me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.