WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Can someone recommend a band (and place to buy it) for my father's hamilton?

Someone told me it's a sea breeze II.

Something as close to the original.

Thanks,
Al

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,361 Posts
Very Nice Hamilton.

Usually finding straps is a "sit down with a cup of coffee type of project" an just search. I would type in a few ideas on ebay (brown leather strap, etc) and see what pops up. I have been on a kick to look for a few straps for my watches and I have been searching Kreisler straps lately. :thumbup1:

Timesoplenty sells a huge variety of watch bands and straps and is a forum sponsor. Timesofplenty-Vintage-Watch-Bands

·
Super Moderator
5,682 Posts
Probably eBay if you want something similar to what you already have. I cant tell from your photos as to whether that's an original Hamilton strap but if it is, then just narrow your search focus down to "Hamilton", 'faux leather' / 'genuine leather' and the lug size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have said that the current band is just a cheap leather one and I'm trying to get as close to an original as possible. The originals were the flexible metal kind. I'm not a watch guy so not sure on correct terminology. I'll check your links.
How do I figure out correct sizing?
Thanks Mikey and Spaceview.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,361 Posts
The originals were the flexible metal kind.
How do I figure out correct sizing?
Thanks Mikey and Spaceview.

Thanks
My only advice about looking for a metal band on that Gold case is metal bracelets generally chews up the gold surface around the Lugs so a nice leather strap avoids any damage to the lugs over time and considering that's a family heirloom, I would avoid doing any damage to it.

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
1966-68 Sea Breeze II

Page is from the 1966 saleman's catalog

1966.JPG

(I'd like to mention that a lot depends on whether or not the expansion band is the proper size. I'm lucky enough to have the original factory band on 1965 Darwin
and the inside edges of the lugs are NOT all chewed up.)

Reactions: Spaceview M2

·
Super Moderator
5,682 Posts
I believe i've seen a similar band to the one CometHunter posted on the TimesofPlenty site and they have lots of vintage 50's, 60's & 70's bracelets. If not, just revise your eBay search to 'wrist watch bands', 'gold plated' and the lug width like this Search

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks everybody for the quick responses.

I'm in the market for another vintage watch. Is there a particular forum I should post in to get suggestions.
Al

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
If you're not going to tell us which watch it is, post it in the General Forum. We can move it if we think its necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not interested in any particular vintage.
I'd like to find something durable for wearing almost every day but vintage and under $200 if possible.

Thanks
Al

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
Then no, there is no particular forum; The General will do just fine.
And start looking in eBay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts