WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Never thought this would be an issue as it's time to replace the strap on my JP Vintage 1945 and I can't find a replacement strap in the correct widths. The original strap is 22x16 and it's the 16 buckle end that seems to be the issue. I really didn't want to go back to JP and drop $300 for the replacement, however none of the after market companies (even a few I contacted here on this site) will make the replacement.

Any ideas????

Frustrated in Orlando :blink:
Mark

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mark, any custom strap maker should be able to make that for you with no problem at all. Expect to pay about $50-150 for the strap depending on who you chose. The turn around time would be a couple of weeks and you'll get to specify every little detail about the strap, which is awesome.

Don't get discouraged. I am sure you will be thrilled with the final product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crown & Buckle, I checked out your site and I have a question. Don't you have any leather straps with gold tone buckles?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark, any custom strap maker should be able to make that for you with no problem at all. Expect to pay about $50-150 for the strap depending on who you chose. The turn around time would be a couple of weeks and you'll get to specify every little detail about the strap, which is awesome.

Don't get discouraged. I am sure you will be thrilled with the final product.

Funny, that is what I thought also... but the feedback I received was that they either couldn't make it, were not able to make it or basically blew me off. I'm looking for nice croc leather and at this point would purchase a couple of them, just to have them in reserve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts