WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a two-tone Submariner, used about 5 years old from a friend of mine who just upgraded to a solid gold Presidential (a little too showy for my tastes but...) and was wondering what an accurate valuation would be. The watch is in good shape with papers and box. Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

MY FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_smile:

·
Registered
8 Posts
No expert here on what you should pay for it. But I bought a 2003 Blue TT Sub with all papers and both boxes in very good shape for $4000.00. Then sent it to RSC and had it all looked over for $537. So I have a total of $4537.00 in it. Local AD thought it was brand new after I got it back. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
No expert here on what you should pay for it. But I bought a 2003 Blue TT Sub with all papers and both boxes in very good shape for $4000.00. Then sent it to RSC and had it all looked over for $537. So I have a total of $4537.00 in it. Local AD thought it was brand new after I got it back. Hope this helps.
You got an excellent deal. I don't see TT Subs from 2002 and newer going for much less than 5k with all boxes and papers. The models which don't have solid end links seem to go in the 4-5k range.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the WTF gotlieb1 :thumbup:

A buddy of mine bought a TT Sub F series blk dial for $5800 about a month ago. It looked brand new and included boxes tags and papers/reciept. I think it also depends on the condition of the watch scratches dings etc. I have seen some pretty good deals but those TT sub's were in the $3500 the bracelet had lots of stretch and case had dings etc.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks for your help gentleman! I was wondering if the color of the face effects the value? Are black and blue equally desirably, because this one is a blue one.

Thanks again for your help! If it goes through, I'll try my hand at some watch pictures and post them for everyone!:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Thanks for your help gentleman! I was wondering if the color of the face effects the value? Are black and blue equally desirably, because this one is a blue one.

Thanks again for your help! If it goes through, I'll try my hand at some watch pictures and post them for everyone!:

:thumbup:
I don't think the value of a TT Sub changes with the dial color. Many people like the blue because it's so darn gorgeous. Others prefer the black because it has a more "dressy" look to it.
As others have said, the condition of the watch will determine the value. The replies are spot on: $4000-$6000.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it is a non-sel then lower $5's for a 90%+ condition watch is fair, an sel also 90%+ is in the upper $5's and right about $6000 for an excellent no-holes. That is how I price them, which is a little lower than most of the competition but I move a lot of sub's. Anything under these prices is a steal, again if in top condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts