WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Store selling it to me for $2800. Says its a steal. Thoughts?
That is a very good price for a new Cannonball. It is not a great price for a used Cannonball.

If you are buying new, be sure you are buying from an AD. This is a watch that you really want to have covered under Ball's warranty. It is a well-built and durable watch that may never need repairs; however, you never know when things can go wrong. It certainly will be at an expensive watch to repair, if that ever becomes necessary outside of warranty.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Yes they are authorized. I found them searching on the Ball website for dealers in NYC. I want to pull the trigger. He will swap it and give me an Brown Alli Band which is what I want.

Ok I'm forging ahead. Thanks for the confirmation

That is a very good price for a new Cannonball. It is not a great price for a used Cannonball.

If you are buying new, be sure you are buying from an AD. This is a watch that you really want to have covered under Ball's warranty. It is a well-built and durable watch that may never need repairs; however, you never know when things can go wrong. It certainly will be at an expensive watch to repair, if that ever becomes necessary outside of warranty.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
The strap in my avatar pic is a Hirsch small-scale alligator. I liked it on the Cannonball, but not as much as I did the dark brown OEM Ball alligator strap with speed pins. That strap was awesome-looking.

I'm looking forward to your pictures.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm actually about to pull the trigger on the same combo, i love the dark brown alligator on the ball

out of curiosity, where did you go? I'm in NYC as well ... happy with the purchase?

do you think it makes sense to buy the dark brown and also get the steel OEM band?

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
...If you are buying new, be sure you are buying from an AD... you never know when things can go wrong....
.....and also get the steel OEM band?
I mentioned this months ago. My Fireman II was about 10 months old when the stem broke. I'm so glad I was able to send it to Ball USA to have the repairs done under warranty!

This is it on a (Hadley-Roma) bracelet.
Even though I put it on and took it off carefully, the Ball leather strap started to look a little more used than it should have. I like the way the bracelet looks and can't see going back to leather in the near future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely!

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
is it easy to do yourself with an eyeglass screwdriver? (assuming thats the right tool) -- last thing i would want to do is pull a band off and damage it / not be able to put it back on

think im going friday to order it - so excited

-A

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
It's a little tricky the first few times, but it's not rocket science. And practice makes perfect.
You will have better luck using a paring knife with a thin blade than you will a precision screwdriver. But a quality watch like Ball deserves a spring bar tool!

The notch on the tip does not slip- it's designed to grab the flange of the spring bar. And it's thinner than your little screwdriver.

There's a ton of them on eBay, and an inexpensive one is only a couple dollars, but the cheap ones have tips that usually bend or chip. Most of us who change straps a lot have one of the high-quality tools such as the ones made by the company BERGEON.

·
Registered
7 Posts
placed the order yesterday, got a sick deal on it too!!! ordered the trainmaster cannonball w/ dark brown alligator strap and also got the steel bracelet as well, can not wait for this to come innn!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
where did you get the 'killer deal'

Hi,

Been looking at buying a Trainmaster Cannonball for months now. Would like to get from an AD if possible. Understand you got a good deal from a NY dealer---can you share that with me? Anoyone else have suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts