WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would one of you esteemed Hamilton nuts please advise me the model number of this Hamilton? It would also be nice if you could post some specs on it, so I don't have to look it up. This was taken from our very own Watch you wearing thread last night. I must admit, this is a nice, masculine diver! To think I thought Hamilton only made diminutive chronos with the Day/Date in the wrong spot, and art deco watches!:001_tt2:

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Mr banned, Hamilton is a brand you should investigate because I think you will like some of the products. There are two collections, the American and the Khaki. It is the later that may appeal to you since there many rugged, military-inspired piece from which to choose.

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com

The watch pictured above does NOT come with that strap but does come with a sstl bracelet or a very nice rubber strap. It is: H74511333 KHAKI NAVY SUB.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rusty. I went to the Hamilton site... (very nice btw) With excitement and anticipation. I was shocked to find that model is only a 40mm with a 20mm strap/bracelet. It looks much bigger in the photo. Very nice watch with a unique design for a diver, just too small for me. ****.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Banned we got to get you into a Hamilton....Look at that website that Rusty referred you to and check out the larger watches..You will be both surprised and pleased (style & price) at what you see. Come back with any questions you would have. And then we can put a scarlet "H" on your forehead in one of our secret Hamilton initiations.:eek:

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Thanks Rusty. I went to the Hamilton site... (very nice btw) With excitement and anticipation. I was shocked to find that model is only a 40mm with a 20mm strap/bracelet. It looks much bigger in the photo. Very nice watch with a unique design for a diver, just too small for me. ****.
A couple of thoughts. . . the X-Wind series come in at 44 mm and there is a Khaki Officers watch in both a three hand and chrono also at that size. But IMHO, the Hamilton watches wear larger than their measured size. For example, the Navy Sub above, because of the crowns on both sides of the case actually looks and feels larger than a typical one crown watch. Go visit some AD's in the DC area to eyeball them before you buy. . .. . . . You MUST join us Mr. banned or else. . . . . . . or else. . . . . . you will be B-A-N-N-E-D!:001_tt2:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again. There are actually quite a few that interest me. Much better prices than I thought for a Hamilton as well. The Navy Regatta Alarm, and the Field Mechanical are both intriguing.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Nice to see you here Banned.

How'd you manage to see the Ham for the Cheese???:D

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
hey that's my hand in that pic!...BTW that's a Waterborne 3/4" strap...It came with the SS bracelet...my wrist size is 7.25"...but although I like a big watch 40+mm I most often find myself wearing the 38mm khaki chrono...weird I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts