WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow invicta owners.

I have recently recovered my 2 watches that I had set aside after their crown broke off. A 3156 (which also lost it's bezel insert) and a 4183.
Being now more interested in watches than at the time thy broke, I decided to get something done about them, as they were given to mr by my brother and thus have more sentimental value than market value.

Having the questionable luck to work in Geneva, and after some refusals from watch repairs and some friends who work in the field admitted they didn't know the movements, I decided to change them (the movement, not the friends :001_rolleyes:)
Normally, the 3156 has a miyota 8215, which is the equivalent to a ETA 2824, so that's an easy one. Get the caliber, take out the miyota and slap in the ETA, put in a new insert (maybe a pepsi). Done

The tricky part is the 4183. I searched the invicta website, internet, and can't find any info on the caliber. I guess it's a miyota too, but no way to be sure. When asked by email, Invicta Europe refers me to invicta US, and Invicta US sends me back to Invicta Europe....
I know invicta uses sometimes Ronda movements, so I'm turning to those here who may know....

I'll keep you informed on how the projects go

·
Super Moderator
16,557 Posts
Yours is a tough one, and our apologies for taking so long to answer.

Have you tried using this site yet?...
Watch Movements

(P.S. welcome to the infuriating world of Invicta Customer Service)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link. I'll have a look at it.
After removing the back of the watch, foudn out the movement in the 4183 is a ronda 5040D.
Have a nice day,
CJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.