WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and “Servus” from the beautiful (though today rainy) Austria!
I am a watch and photography enthusiast from the center of Europe. When I was a child my father and I visited a watch manufacturer in Switzerland, what has been the start of a lifelong admiration. I started with a swatch when I began at primary school and saved up all my money as a teenager to be able to buy “a real watch”. My enthusiasm paused while my kids were young (probably because I had to save the money for different things and preferred the practical watches over the beautiful ones..). But since my kids are all grown up and money came back time by time I now rediscover this old love of mine. I have been looking around magazines, shops and the internet in general. So I came across this forum and thought that’s the ideal way of getting deeper into the topic of watches, gaining new knowledges and finding inspiration. Thanks for welcoming me into this community!

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Hello, and welcome to WatchTalkForums!
Like you, I was young when I started wearing watches. How lucky you were, to be able to visit a Swiss watch factory. If you have any surviving photos of the trip, we'd be thrilled and honored to see them! My first Swiss watch was also a Swatch Watch. It was a quartz chronograph in one of those early sonically sealed cases so when the battery finally died, the watch got tossed away, but my love lived on.
WTF warmly accepts your membership. If there's anything we can do to help your appreciation of horology, or maybe help you start a modest collection of your own, please let us know. We never close. Some may even be online during your normal waking hours. :)

Reactions: faceyourfears

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for this warm welcome! I am very happy that I have found this lovely community :)!
Yes I was very lucky, but no unfortunately I didn't take any photos (I haven't been into photography at this age...) - sorry :(
Haha yes, same with my swatch! 😅

1 - 3 of 3 Posts