WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Invicta, Android
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just joined the forum.

I inherited a LOT of Invicta and some Android watches from a friend that recently passed away.

I know very little about watches besides the popular brands (Rolex, Bulova, Omega, Seiko, etc.).

Thanks.

· Super Moderator
17,347 Posts
Liquid Font Drink Macro photography Event
Okaaay....I'm not sure what kind of reply you're expecting, but a warm welcome to WTF ( I mean Watch Talk Forums) !

· Administrator
8,024 Posts
Apparently there is a lot of love/hate for Invicta. I have watched a few videos on the subject, but I don't see the reason why.
It's less about the watch and more about the company & its marketing practices as well as their questionable customer support. Although most of their watch designs are quite 'gaudy' & over-the-top to my eyes, to each their own.

· Registered
3 Posts
Another Invicta hate group. Im tired of this stuff. I see many nice models, my Grand Diver is one of the nicest watches and I compare watches 6 and 7 hundred dollars. My Invicta out classes them all. They all are using the same movement, nothing special about them. I wish I had bought it sooner, the YouTube reviews are just haters. You can tell where there going even before the watch review begins. I think ill buy the 1953 Invicta sub homage. Change out the bracelet with a proper clasp , and solid links . Well I hope there are some people here that do appreciate some of the Invicta watches. There's quite a lot of nice ones. Even Swiss made. Something for Everyone. And yes they do have some mfu watches. And there MSRP are all over the place. But if you know what you want you will find something, and it will not break the bank. Happy New Year!!!!

· Super Moderator
17,347 Posts
Welcome, dayvee. Let's clear the air right her. I can assure you WTF does NOT have any "Invicta hate groups". A few of us own Invictas; I have a Pro Diver, a Reserve Pro Diver with a Sellita SW200, and a Speedway ll chronograph. One member even has one or two PEL (pre-Eyal Lalo) Invictas!
No: what we have a problem with is Invicta's comically inflated MSRPs, which Eyal Lalo himself has bragged about in the pages of WatchTime Magazine, claiming he does it for the benefit of his retailers being able to advertise their HUGE discount prices. I'll admit that commercially, it's an effective marketing tool, but it still smacks a little of underhandedness.

Our other complaint of Invicta's horrendously poor customer service. In the decade+ that I've Moderated here, I wish I had a dollar for every disgruntled Invicta owner who
*lost some bracelet screw and can't get a replacement from Invicta Customer Service
*Needed a replacement Pro Diver rotating bezel and C.S. was totally useless in helping out
*The watch had to be repaired, and C.S. could not tell the customer HOW to get the watch back to them
*Needed a re-sized bracelet or a replacement bracelet link and was unable to get satisfaction from C.S.
*Needed to replace the whole watch because they were sold a pre-owned watch that was re-packaged and sold by the retailer as brand new stock.
After two or three years of this, we get tired of hearing the same problems over and over again.
So, WatchTalkForums has nothing against the watches, okay? It's The Invicta Group in general that we have problems with.
FYI, both my Pro Divers still work just as great as the day (seven years ago) I bought them on ShopNBC.
THanks for letting us hear from you!(y)

Reactions: dayvee166

· Administrator
8,024 Posts
I was just openly venting about the You
"the You" ?? There are a couple of watch forums out there that have very active groups of Invicta enthusiasts and there are a couple that have both enthusiasts & 'haters' in equal supply. If you choose something that generates strong difference of opinions then you either have to live with differences or embrace one of the enthusiast forums. As i said in my comment earlier, there isn't a lot of "love" here for Invicta but as CometHunter & I both pointed out, it is more about the company's business practices than the watches themselves. I too still have a couple of 'modern' Invictas (one i like and one i dont) and yes i have an original (pre-Eyal Lalo ) Invicta and I'm fine with that. I'll let you guess which of the following Invictas i dont like.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
😉
Watch Analog watch White Rectangle Clock

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

· Super Moderator
17,347 Posts
YouTube reviewers. Not anything against this forum.
By the way very enjoyable .
Thank you very much! We do the best we can with what we've got.
No offense meant, no offense taken! And I get it when you talk about "the You"... I have my own pet peeves as well.
We are always glad to welcome new serious hobbyists here. And if you ever have any watch questions, feel free to give a shout out (although I can tell by your comments you're a more seasoned hobbyist than most beginning posters).
Happy New Year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.