WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My was a watchmaker and just passed... and I couldn't bear to throw his lifetime of watches, parts and tools out. So I've been slowly selling them on eBay and try to do all the research myself to sell everything correctly and fairly. I just have some bits and pieces left that I'd like to know if anyone can identify... I appreciate the help ahead of time if anyone can identify some things. Is there another of the discussion areas I should post things I have questions on? Thank you!

P.S. though... Dad and I began this process before his death and it was so very fun for me to spend time together - him teaching me what he had done his entire adult life! I learned so much about beautiful watches and movements I can see why you all love collecting. The beauty and intricacy of a handmade movement is astounding to me and I only wish I had delved into his world sooner! But I now do have many memories - and the way he lit up talking about some history of watches ...
Cheryl

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
Welcome Cheryl. Sorry to hear about your dad. The item in the top photo is a basic measuring caliper. The top portion measures outside diameters and the bottom portion will measure inside diameters. The bottom item appears to be an old watch movement holder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts