WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First first off I would like to say hello. I have been a collector of mechanical watches for many years.reviews I have owned mini invicta watches. I have to say through the years I I have always had good experiences. Recently my watch budget has truckin considerably. I am glad to have found such great value in the invicta brand. I hope to add my relative experience and contribute to this forum. I have been so impressed lately that now I only own Invicta.

I have 4 pro divers all with the. Nh35a movement which I love. My first question relates to the nh35a and the 0420 titanium pro diver. I just got it but noticed that when I unscrew the crown to position 1 the date changes. I have to carefully pull out the crown out and in until I feel and hear a click then I can push it back into which ever position I want and set or wind the watch. None of my other pro divers with the same movement do this. I contacted the seller and he said he would exchange it but all of his stock do what I described and he said it was not a defect but an attribute of the titanium case and only this model. Does anyone own a 0420 and does it do what I described? Is that normal? Seems like I could damage the movement and it is just a hassle.

I would really appreciate feedback because it will help me decide to return or keep. If it is not a defect and the watch will it have problems down the line then I may keep it. If not, then back she goes!

Thanks for the help and a advice in advance. I love to learn and I am sure there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. All the best and thanks'

Robert

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
I guess no one has the TPD!

I can only take this guy at his word when he says this attribute is present in all his stock, and that it's normal. On the other hand, it's not worth the feeling of unease
if you're going to be leery of a watch every time you put it on. Return it and look for a different model that catches your eye.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Comet hunter,

Thanks for the reply. I agree. I actually did what you said and today I received an Invicta model number 1000. I have now a white dial, purple dial, and now green in this model pro diver and a larger model with the same dial and hands just in yellow. Four watches and all of them cost me under $150 some closer to $100 and the all luminous white dial was the most costly at just over $150. Now I do not normally spout how much I paid on a watch unless I got a great deal. I got most of these through Shopnbc and one from amazon. So most of these come with a no cost 5 year warranty extension.

I love the green dial. I was not sure but I really like it a lot more than I thought. I think the titanium watch is really great also for the price. The 45 mm case was great. The only downside was the mineral crystal and bezel. The weight was impressive too. The problem with titanium is it is not easy to work with like steel so everything all tolerances have to be exact. So on the low end of the cost it is harder to produce a nice watch. I also think it is simply a problem with the case switching from the nh25a to the 35a means there are more positions to do things with the crown and since there are only two positions on the nh25 and three in the nh35 maybe that was the problem. I do not know but no matter even with the movement I was very tempted to keep the watch.

I wanted to mention the cost of these watches because I am simply blown away with the components, build quality, lume, overall design. In fact, for the cost I really do not see a single flaw in these watches and comparatively speaking no other company even comes close. I have owned Invicta's through the years and always liked them and thought they were a good value. I never had them as my sole collection or center piece but I always liked the brand and never had bad experiences. I know the warranty service could be better and I hope I never have to experience it and if I do I hope like the watches I am pleasantly surprised.

I used to collect expensive mechanical dive watches and since the economy collapsed and having a daughter my budget for watches has changed and my needs have changed. I simply can't justify spending several hundred toma thousand or more on a single watch. It is insane. I still have the desire and appreciation but the truth is those days for now are gone. So a new chapter in life. I settled on one dove watch from Deep Blue. It was very nice but one watch. I was able to buy the yellow diver I mentioned with a coupon and value pays so it was not going to cost much. Then after getting that I decided it was time to sell the deep blue and buy another Invicta pro diver. Now I only own Invicta watches and my wife has had hers for over a year now. I was not expecting to do what In did but when you can buy a watch for just over a hundred bucks and it has sapphire coated dual crystals, 200 m wr, NH35A movement that hacks and hand winds, very similar if not the same movement used in the Seiko Sumo dive watch or the 6R15B movement which sits in a $500 dive watch. It is not a base movement but a good movement made by one of the best Japanese movement makers. It has a wonderful dial with raised silver or black markers and silver or black hands all filled with a different lume than the tritnite. It is a huge improvement if you like lume. The solid link stainless steel band is also very nice with the best hollow end links I have ever seen. All in all these watches represent an amazing value to get a similar watch from another company would cost at least $300 and up.

As a person with good taste and NO budget to match Invicta has given me a collection of fine mechanical dive watches when before I had only one watch and I do not feel like I compromised. I do not know how long Invicta can produce these so cheaply. I suspect that the TMI group is selling the nh35a at the same price as the 25 a just to get it into peoples hands. Before Invicta started using these they were use seldomly in watches. Deep Blue had a couple but they were no deal. I have a feeling TMI is dumping these movements at cost to get a reputation. Once they become more established and more companies start to use the nh35a then I think prices will spike-I could be very wrong and is just a guess. I just did not want to miss out if that was the case. If not then I have some great watches at a great price.

Thanks for reading. I will follow up with a review of my green diver and photos. I can say if you are looking for a great dive watch check out model 1001 1000 1002 11211. That is my current collection but there is also a red and Burgundy dial. If you are on the fence I say go for it you will not regret it. I would avoid eBay as all there stock is old with a couple seller exceptions, amazon has them but it is hard to known what you are getting for sure until you get it. My purple dial I bought from timezone123 on amazon and even though tthe description said 24 jewel Japanese movement and showed a picture of the case back with the nh35a in it. The return wasa nightmare. Please avoid timezone123 as they were horrible with me. I did get the right model from amazon when amazon was listed as fulfilling the order. Shop NBC on the other hand has only shipped the freshest stock and has value pays. I try to wait for the sale prices as Shopnbc is not the least expensive retailer most of the time but I think their service and warranty extension along with knowing I am getting what I ordered.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.